First Test Ride On A T120 And Questions

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Zinc, Dec 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Zinc

Zinc Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Washington, DC
    Skipped out of work and took a T120 out this afternoon to see if I liked it. Sat on a Indian Scout, Triumph Bobber, and a Speedmaster, but came to the conclusion that the seat was too confining. But the T120 really impressed with the smooth suspension, easy power, good brakes, and overall lightness. (Remember, I'm used to riding Harley Touring Bikes!) Issues were not being able to see behind my fat ass and the desire for slightly higher bars. Found some Motune risers for the bars, bar end mirrors to see behind me, comfort seat for a bit more cushion. The only thing I am curious about that is left is whether or not you can put electronic cruise control on the T120 with the daytime Running Lights. I may be getting a T120 at this rate. What an enjoyable ride!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MarkT120

MarkT120 New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Weymouth, UK
    Hi Zinc.
    Yes, you can fit the cruise control to a bike with the daytime running lights - they do two versions for the T120 for that reason. The loom is prewired, it's simply a case of getting the dealers to fit a new left hand switch block and activate it.

My T120 has bar end mirrors and the Royal seat and each made a huge improvement to an already superb bike. Done12,000 miles on mine and counting....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zinc

Zinc Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Washington, DC
    Good news. Appreciate the feedback!

4. MarkT120

MarkT120 New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Weymouth, UK

You're welcome. One further suggestion: don't get the risers until you've tried the royal seat. No idea why it worked that way but risers were on my list until I changed the seat, since I fitted it I've never felt the need for them. Yet the seat is no lower. Go figure!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    Ex Harley rider myself, got a T120 with the touring kit and seat, and about to get the cruise fitted, brilliant bike, go for it, you won't regret it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. macamxthe1st

macamxthe1st Well-Known Member

Two questions please, does the "Royal" seat add height and does it improve comfort ?

Geoff.

7. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    Adds about an inch maybe, Ican get both feet flat on gbe floor, 29” inside leg! Yes it is more comfortable. 300 miles a day no problrm.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. macamxthe1st

Thanks.

Geoff.

9. MarkT120

MarkT120 New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Weymouth, UK
    I'll second that. The standard seat is ok for an hour or two, the Royal seat is amazing for hours on end. As has already been said it adds an inch but doesn't feel like it - I'm sure the foam compresses to around the same height as the bench seat

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. macamxthe1st

Most helpful.

11. Zinc

Zinc Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Washington, DC
    Thanks. Seeing about dealing with dealers for a fair price now. But, my Harley isn't going anywhere. Still love my Road Glide, but looking forward to putting more miles on a Bonnie.

• Like Like x 2