First Signs?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adie P, Apr 2, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I've just seen two swallows settle on the overhead fibre optic cable running close by our place. The first signs of winter's end? Well, I suspect both of those poor little birds are going to be more than a bit miffed by the Met Office forecast of possible wintry showers early next week!

It's still a great sight - and sound - though seeing the first swallows of the year!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Damn, that’s great.

There is a saying in our parts which is...

“Two sparrows on fibre optic cables means you have better broadband than us”

This is generally followed by the statement “you lucky bastard”.

This message may take a while to upload.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

HAH! I wish. It's fibre to the cabinet, so no big deal these days! I reckon "your parts" are probably swamped with Virgin Media; BT Fibre, TalkTalk Ultraspeed (et al; etc.) running fibre cables to premises.

Our current speeds average less than 20 meg. (though that's tested over the wi-fi and not cabled connection to the router) so we're not exactly setting any cables or web sites on fire here!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think the sign of "winter's end" in the Sonoran Desert was today, Adie, when our high temperature hit 90ºF. April 2nd seems a wee bit early for such temperatures and it definitely FEELS a lot early! :eek:

On a more positive note, the trees in our yard are budding, some of our flowers and cacti are flowering, and the birds and butterflies are returning to our backyard. :)

Hope you see more swallows--along with flowers, budding trees, and blue skies soon! :sun::cool::)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    When are the bikes out to play Adie?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Very good question, @Clarkey231

My wife managed to get out on her bike yesterday but I've yet to get insurance; tax and MOT sorted out on any of mine before I can risk venturing out. I'll be in touch!!