First Service 600 Miles

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Stuart1969, May 26, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stuart1969

Stuart1969 New Member

Jan 24, 2019
    Angus
    Hi I was wondering about the cost of the 600 mile service, I own a Tiger 900 GT PRO and have just had my 600 mile service, it cost me £189, I found this a bit expensive , I could not get to the dealer in Glasgow due to it is still in level 3 restriction, so took it to another Triumph dealer in Scotland, any thoughts

2. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    This is always part of the pre purchase discussion for me. I have bought 6 new Triumphs and only paid for oil and filter at first service on each of them. I think you got hosed mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I think I paid £110/120 for my Z900rs back in September 2020 and about the same for my Tracer's second service.

4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I paid over £180 for the first service on my Street Scrambler last Summer which I thought was a lot for the type of bike it is and what they actually did. Haven"t decided yet if I'm going to have the first main service done, where I'm going to take it or if I'm going to do it myself like I have done on all my previous bikes.

5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Are you a Tyke or do you just live in Yorkshire ?
    That reply doesn't sound "Yarkshire" ! :p

6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    100% b&b. That was my "Distinguished Gentleman's" reply. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iron

Iron Guest

This is probably the most boring man on the planet. But I was looking to see what implications there were on doing your own maintenance on new machines and found him.
    I fell asleep while watching but the main points are worth noting. Do it yourself.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1