Sprint GT First Questions

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Bowf, Aug 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bowf

Bowf New Member

Aug 16, 2020
    Scotland
    Got my first proper look at my GT yesterday. There were a few awkward moments, like taking the tank off (I'll drain it first next time) and getting the foremost mirror nuts off, but so far so good.

The bike has had five Triumph dealer services since new, yet I am surely the first person to open the airbox and look at the filter. I had to use a rubber mallet to separate the two halves. I have read on the forum that the filters get really dirty. Here's mine after I'd blown some compressed air though it! I ordered an OEM replacement.

First of probably many questions : what are these two wires just to the right of the airbox for?

Thanks.

DSC00437.JPG

DSC00438.JPG

2. Bowf

Bowf New Member

Aug 16, 2020
    Scotland
    Cheers Duckadile. Fwiw I grew up in Dundee!

I suspect the two wires might be something to do with the Datatool alarm but who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    This air filter is one of the worth I've seen!
    My bikes also had a number of maintenance invoices that don't match with what I could see on the bike.
    Nothing better that doing it yourself.

4. Bowf

Bowf New Member

Aug 16, 2020
    Scotland
    New air filter fitted. :)

Next question - there are two electrical connectors under the fuel tank. One plug is brown for the fuel pump, one black for the fuel level sensor. But which one goes on which side? I thought I could work it out from the manual but the diagram seems to be wrong.

airfliter02.JPG

Tankconnectors.png

5. Bowf

Bowf New Member

Aug 16, 2020
    Scotland
    Duuh! Cancel that call, they are different shapes and will only go one way.

• Like Like x 2