First International Forum Trip To Germany

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by andypandy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Mushrooms, but I can't remember the name of the goats cheese one. It will be something "käse ".

2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Cheers Steve, I'm off for a few beers in ten minutes then down to the Schnitzelhaus. :yum:yum

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Birne is pear

4. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Steve, you are right: the menu is a bad joke, even though it is for real. And of course, it does not represent the English average.
    I added a clarification to my post.
    Cheers, Daniel

• Like Like x 2
  5. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Andy, the topping on Jägerschnitzel is a gravy with Champignons and sweet red peppers.
    The Schnitzel, we ate topped with goatcheese, sautéed onions and crumbs of dried meat (no pear though) was called Schnitzel Welfenstube.
    But this is a local name; it was the restaurant’s special. I never saw it elsewhere in Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I think the restaurant itself is called Schnitzelhaus Welfenstrube and the goats cheese schnitzel is it's special dish. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    The goat's cheese and pear schnitzel is called Birne Helene and the missus thought it was one of the nicest dishes she has tasted. I had the Jaegerschnitzel last night and today we picked up 12 bottles of Reisling from a winery just a few kilometres from Cochem and some 100ml bottles each of butterscotch, kircsh and limoncello from one of the wine shops in Cochem. These we will use for making ice cream sundaes when we get home. I think the alcohol contents are about 30%.

• Like Like x 5
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I suppose the point of all this is that good food at reasonable prices can be found easily enough if you keep away from touristy areas. Beverley is a bit upmarket in the great scheme of things but away from the more popular tourist trails.
    I remember going with SWMBO to the Lake District a good few years ago for a day trip out on the bike. The prices being asked for light refreshments was horrendous, even by today's standards. Needless to say we've not been back, and probably never will.
    I'm quite happy for people to make a profit from me - indeed it would be pointless for them if they didn't as they have to make a living and pay their bills etc. - but I don't like being robbed blind.

Rant over! Now ..... breathe ......!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Went to the Vulkaneifel Therme in Bad Berty today, got a voucher at the hotel reception which gave 3 hours for the price of 2. Constant 32 Centigrade thermal spring waters, really enjoyed it especially basking in the warm waters outside with the sun shining, blue sky and the backdrop of the tree clad hillside.
    The Schnitzelhaus was bloody well shut last night ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    No wonder the Germans lost two world wars !!! How can a man maintain the will to fight when he can't get a Bad Berty Schnitzelhaus schnitzel on a Monday night ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Montag ist Ruhetag Andy! :cool:

11. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Yes there was a sign in front of the door to that effect.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    :D:D:D
    That’s the day we shoot the goats to make the cheese...
    :yum;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    And guys and gals: we were darned lucky with the choice of time for our trip. It got pretty chilly the last couple of days with the early morning temperatures dropping to 3 degrees.
    :sun:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep lucky we were.....

15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Crikey Daniel, some of the girls on the trip would have spent even more time shopping :eek::)

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    And he doesn't mean Nikki! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Oh you are a bitch ! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Shopping for crutches you mean Steve ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Munchen

Munchen Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    Looks like a great trip. I remember stopping off in Boppard a few years ago on the way through Germany. Lovely place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    We have a policy on here, we all meet up at the new members homes to see where they live, there’s going to be a trip with a 1000 riders to your place in Germany next week. Will you be in to show us all your bike Munchen?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1