First Ever Sub 2 Minute Lap Of Silverstone!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Aug 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Wow:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::cool: what a breath-taking qualifying session from Marquez,first ever Sub 2 minute lap of Silverstone! ,he’s had 26 crashes this season during practice sessions finding the limit, and probably saved the same amount of “crashes” I used to think Schwantz was the most exciting guy to watch but with Marquez I’m constantly holding my breath,he's calmed down during races (well most of the time:relieved:) but if you want to see him bucking and weaving, slipping and sliding and saving what should be crashes watch him during FP and Qualifying:eek: should be a cracking race tommorow:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Have to say I was never a fan of Marquez but jeez he is something else and my respect for him grows all the time, some of his saves have been incredible,he is almost always over the limits and no one else could pull them off. He raised the bar considerably and if other riders had not raised their game too he could be champion as long as he wished to be. I still feel tho that one day he may overstep the mark a little too far and have the biggie that all the other riders have had at some point. He does seem to have luck on his side, he very nearly lost his eye a few years back in a big accident in the smaller classes but the broken arm/leg etc seems to have passed him by.
    Lovely morning, look forward to the race, should be a classic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Considering the surface condition at Silverstone, one must question if it wasn't Marquez's MotoCross experience that gave him the edge :cool:

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think most of the riders nowadays use motocross for training,Rossi has his own track!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I was at Silverstone today. You should have heard the cheer when Marquez's Honda blew up.

I so wanted Rossi to win, but alas not today.

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it must have been near the Rossi stand! I'm rooting for Danni this year,If anyone deserves a Moto GP title it's him. it's going to be tough now but not impossible, Dovi wold be my 2nd choice,although i like them all so won't be disappointed whoever wins it

7. Southern995Nick

Southern995Nick Well it started like this....

Sep 26, 2017
    Hampshire
    It was a fantastic MotoGP weekend, only the 3 classes, but great racing, really enjoyed it. and that weather... sunburn and Orange probans... nice!

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    He actually broke his leg in training a month before the start of the 2014 season..he went on to win the first race at Qatar..at times i could hardly watch last sundays race at Aragon:eek: he really seems to be struggling with the Honda at times even though he won it it looked far from easy,If there had been another lap Danni would have caught him, just a pity he didn't get a good start

• Agree Agree x 1