Finland calling

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Mattson, Aug 30, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Greetings from amongst polar bears, reindeers and northern lights! :biggrin:

This seems like a decent place to spend some time, I`m a huge fan of different forums, have five of `em open as I write this :tongue:

So `s this like UK exclusive forum or can anyone pop in?

Currently a proud owner of a `91 model second generation Honda CBR 600f I converted to race look last winter with a single seat tail, riser clip on set and other necessities, have served me well, ridden almost 20k in the last two summers, did a 1100km trip to Estonia about a month back with my friend and I`m probably not gonna be letting go of the bike anytime soon.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

So why`s he here U ask? Cause the Honda has over 100 tkm on the clock and it`s seen it`s better days so it`s time to get something newer too, a friend of mine`s been dangling an `03 Daytona 955i project in front of my nose all summer and I`m probably going to buy it in the next month. 26tkm behind the glass, fairings are trashed and the previous previous owner have started to make some kind of a horrid speed triple replica out of it so she`s really not a looker ATM but mechanically sound and cheap, 2500e is the asking price which to me sounds like a bargain cause these things usually go for 4500 around here be it in full spec, but the fairings don`t bother me none cause I`m going to make some kind of a modern cafè-fighter out of it anyway, triple projector lights, didjital dash (original has a split glass) and the works, time will tell what exactly comes out of the garage when the white stuff melts again...

So I`m probably going to go through this forum to fish for any info on the bike, basically the only things I know of it ATM is that it`mostly yellow, it has three cylinders, fuel injection :tongue: and a double sided rear swing :eek: which I`m told was only available for a very limited time (?)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum, bikes looks in fabulous condition. Good luck with your new project, I'll look forward to hearing the updates on it ;)

3. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Lovely looking 600f you got there mate :upyeah:

4. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Nice bike welcome to the forum :upyeah:

5. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Thanx for the compliments and welcomes! I'll be doing a build thread of the daytona if I buy it, although it's basically already settled, just waiting for the cash to come in. This forum's gonna take some getting used to with all the like buttons and such since I don't have a facebook account but since im already a member of like seven forums or something I think I'll settle in just fine ;)

6. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Oh no you've mentioned the "like" buttons. ...........here we go again :biggrin:

I'll look forward to reading your Daytona updates ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Has this been mentioned before then? View attachment 1834

• Like Like x 1
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Hi and welcome.. Nice CBR great colour scheme... Best of luck with the new project

9. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the build....

10. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    I`ve wandered around here a bit and judging by the amount of threads and a few other little things this seems to be a fairly new forum is it not?

BTW I started a thread to the project section about a little DIY alarm project I`ve been making for another bike forum, but figured why not put it here too, if my design can prevent even one bike theft somewhere in the world then my work hasn`t gone in vein. I`m still in moderation so it`s not visible as I write this but should be momentarily...

11. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    I meant to ask earlier but apparently didn`t remember, is there any things I should be checking when buying a 955 Daytona, or is there known faults like in the CBR F2, or any older cbr:s, the regulator/rectifier and the cam chain tensioner either have failed, or will fail eventually. Had to swap the CCT, the R/R:s still holding...

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    You should really start a new thread as the question will get lost in the original thread.

13. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Greetings Finland! I'm fairly new here also. Doesn't sound like an overly bad price to be fair. Triumphs hold their value very well, probably because people aren't in a rush to part with them ;)

Out of interest, would they be major issues with importing one from the UK? Though like I say, probably not a bad price to be fair. Either way, best of luck! (Nice CBR by the way!)

14. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    My friend, the same I'm buying the bike from, has imported some bikes from there, It's not awfully hard but for it to make sense the bike should either have super low mileage or a model that is rare here, like the Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 he imported the last time. He has quite a few bikes, some rarities too like a Honda VFR400 and an Mv Agusta F4. Of course the headlight has to be changed to right side traffic but not mugh else if you have the time and the energy to go through the paper war and pay the import taxes... For me the whole idea of buying the bike is that it's already on the rough side, for example I'd never ever fighter my cbr cause it's in such a nice condition, but something that already needs an overhaul I have no problems modding.

Yes Finland is a nice place to be, the summers are warm and I like the thousands of lakes everywhere, but the winters are hellish cold, way too much snow and dark. Im a trucker so I can't say Im overly enthusiasted about the winter, basically the only good things about it are bike building and snowkiting ;)

15. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    That's all you need to know!

B :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    If only I could finally get the money to buy the damn thing! Shouldn`t take long anymore though, few weeks or so if I`ve understood right... Can`t wait to get my fingers black again, haven`t been able to ride the honda either cause I got RSI on both of my wrists and am on sick leave for the next week, shouldn`t sit on the computer either... bored as f00k...

17. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Today it finally happened! As of today I am a proud owner of a 2002 Daytona 955i! I`ll be making a build thread for it in the project section so anyone interested in seeing it go to the shortly appearing build thread, no point in posting the same pics and stories twice IMO...

• Like Like x 1