Speedmaster Finding Oem Parts?

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Bearkow, Sep 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bearkow

Bearkow New Member

Sep 23, 2021
    Chicago, IL
    Greetings all!

I just traded in my 2018 Triumph Street Twin for a gently used 2020 Speedmaster which came with a Corbin 2Up seat. The seat is nice and all, but I prefer the leaner look of the solo seat.

The dealership threw in the original stock seat for me as well but I am not able to us it since the Corbin seat installation has you replace the locking pin for their own.

I imagine I can ask the dealership to find one for me, but is there an easier/better/cheaper way to find one? Also, does anyone know if Triumph's comfort seat uses the same locking pin as the stock seat?

2. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    #2 brown mouse, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    It does. I have both seats and the bases are identical, just the padding is different.

I'm thinking of trying out the stock seat as the 'comfort' ones seem to only last me a bit over 10,000 miles before sagging to an uncomfortable position (I've now 'worn out' two).

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Have a look on
    Fowlers site,
    fowlersparts.co.uk
    Or
    World of Triumph site
    worldoftriumph.co.uk

Looks like you can't buy that part tho.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    You can, and it's in stock... https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/T2307365
    Think you may need the rubber spacer too, part T2307366
    And two screws, part T3332655

I found these by looking at the rear mudguard assembly diagram at
    https://www.bike-parts-triumph.com/...lle-speedmaster/MUDGUARDS/15/10009464027/0/15

Fowlers doesn't have the Bonneville Speedmaster diagrams online, but if you know the part numbers you can order it from them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
  6. Bearkow

Bearkow New Member

Sep 23, 2021
    Chicago, IL
    That's super helpful, thank you so much! Order has been submitted. I'm just hoping COVID doesn't affect delivery times too badly.