Thruxton Finally Got Tuneecu To Connect!

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Taipan, Jun 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Taipan

Taipan Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Essex
    Well I finally got TuneEcu to connect to my Thruxton! Well I gave up with it on my laptop and dug out my old laptop that I'd used it on to do the TTP stuff to my Speedmaster when I had it and it connected pretty much straightaway. I'll delete it from the new laptop and reinstall it I think. PITA!

Anyway, I found it has the standard map (20229) installed, so am pleased to think can run a more suited map for the BC Predators. I'll try uploading the 20326 map at the weekend and see how that is. I need to refamilarise myself with TuneEcu a bit more first, but I started to remember the reset adaption when cold etc. I'll have a read up first Ithink.

I also found out the throttle bodies were out by 20 and it took about 3/4 of a turn of the screw to equalise the readings! Not sure if that is enough to be noticable on the road, but will find out later.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Taipan

Taipan Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Essex
    Uploaded the 20326 map at the weekend and couldn't be happier with it. It seemed great when I took it for a run round the back lanes yesterday, but its how it performs on the daily commute that matters more. Relieved to find it ran superbly at slight throttle openings and I seem to have lost any occasional spluttering etc. Really pleased with how it performed. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Taipan

Taipan Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Essex
    I got soem more open road time with the 20326 map and dont like it at over 4k. Terrible flat spot between 4-5k and then struggles to climb after that. Shame as its pretty good around town. Think i'll try the 20319, anyone else running that?

4. Taipan

Taipan Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Essex
    Uploaded the 20319 map tonight and noted the throttle bodies were out of whack again? Oh well hopefully it'll be a bit smoother now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Taipan

Taipan Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Essex
    Over the weekend, I took the airbox baffle out and fitted a Simota air filter and removed the snorkle and fitted a velocity stack. Bike has much better pick up at the bottom end now. I wasn't expecting to notice anything, so am pleased with that! Overall the bike is running really great now. I don't get any surging at small throttle openings and the throttle roll on is nice and smooth. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2