Finally Back On A Triumph (in New Orleans)

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kirk Coco, May 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kirk Coco

Kirk Coco New Member

May 19, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey Everyone,

Kirk Coco from New Oreans (NOLA). Just got a new to me 2012 Bonneville SE in ridiculously perfect shape with 1575 miles and not a scratch. Runs perfect and has a few extras, including a center stand (which seems extremely hard to use, not sure if my previous BMW center stand experience has me doing something wrong.), a steering damper (also not really sure why, but it is there), color matching fly screen, and I am soon to add British flag rubber knee pads, a tire signal system and panniers/saddle bags.

My question for everyone is where can I find bags that will fit the Bonnie and not touch the exhaust. They come up pretty high in the back. I have also not found anyone selling Triumph bags. Any ideas on how to get these or another that fits and looks classic would be appreciated.

180403615_3941990889179801_7739270855970584411_n.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome. I have just put a search in google and there are loads of sites offering panniers. Give it a look. :):)

3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy Kirk Coco :cool:

4. Kirk Coco

Kirk Coco New Member

May 19, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    I have found a lot of hits, the problem is that most of these say universal fit. With the exhaust coming up so high, I think most of them will be resting on the exhaust. I was hoping that someone made them specifically for this version of the Bonneville. Triumph used to, but I can't find a Triumph set anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Greetings and welcome to the forum, Kirk Coco! That's a beautiful bike and it sounds like you got a terrific deal. Hope you find those bags you're searching for and also that you enjoy the bike...and the forum.
    TTF welcome.png

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Kirk and welcome to the forum :)

7. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber