Scrambler Feedback - Street Scrambler Parts From Tec U.k

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Shori, Jan 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shori

Shori New Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi folks,

I'm after some feedback on parts I plan on ordering from TEC bike parts U.K for my 2012 Street Scrambler.
    • general feedback on performance if others have installed these parts
    • thoughts on the parts listed below (anything I need to be mindful about etc.)
    List of parts:
    1. Camshaft – 900cc Street Scrambler water cooled (2018)
    2. Alloy Gas Shocks (all black)
    3. Progressive fork springs
    4. Fork emulators and adaptors
    5. Fork top pre-load adjusters
    6. Sports Luggage Rack
    7. Main Stand Kit

Thank you in advance...

Cheers

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Shori, I've had some of these parts so I'll list below what I think of them:

1. Progressive fork springs with preload adjusters - I bought them as a kit; dead easy to fit and do exactly what they say on the tin;

2. Gas rear shocks - over a period I had two pairs; first lot were about £80 and did a better job than the originals, the second lot were bought because they had more adjustments on them (£129 from memory) and were supplied at my request with two pairs of springs for different weight (as I'm FULL sized and wanted to ensure they'd hold me up!!). The first set were OK weightwise when just bobbing about without luggage, but needed the second pair when setting up for a bigger tour with a fair bit of luggage.

Both sets were an improvement over stock and good value for money. However others will say that Hagons are a preferred option, but they're more money.

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shori

Shori New Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks a lot Dave, much appreciated. This is really helpful. I will check out Hagons also....

• Like Like x 1
  4. TillyB

TillyB Active Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Midlands
    Hi. I have the sports rack and it fits fine and appears to be robust. The rack is not that large so if you are thinking of a top box then you might need the larger one.

5. Shori

Shori New Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Sydney, Australia
    After a lot of research...hrs of reading. I have decided to go with Hagon 2810 fully adjustable shocks from Moose Racing in Victoria Aust.

For the front - Hagon Progressive Fork Springs 362

Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Triumph#3

Triumph#3 New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Arizona, USA
    Let us know what you think of the set up. I bought some Hagon shocks for my 2005 Triumph in 05 or 06. The Hagons were soooo much better than the stock factory crap/shocks. It was a Speedmaster, had also ordered them 1" taller also so it would give the bike more clearance around turns. They were the lower end shocks so they only lasted back then about 25,000 miles, but they were great until they just wore out. Plan on getting rid of the factory shocks on my Speedtwin hopefully soon. These bikes are not cheap price wise, you think Triumph would have fitted better shocks.

• Like Like x 1