Fazer And Fz1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by chuk, Dec 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    So nearly pulled the trigger on an 2003 fazer 1000,very clean but only had a 500 ml service in book in 16k,now glad I left it but now I’ve seen a cracking Fz1 but going to wait until after winter,anyone bought one of these and what’s their opinions and yes I’ve still got the wee Honda great wee runaround

2. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Not first hand but a riding buddy had one for a few years without an issue… if I remember, I’ll ask him what to look out for.

3. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Seen some reviews most seem positive and I had an early R1 zero issues,i almost bought one from Gems Speedshop but work is crazy and no time for now.going to look in new year and see what’s nearer as that bike was down south

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neal H

Neal H Active Member

Mar 7, 2021
    England
    I owned an FZ1 Fazer for 11 years. I bought it new in 2010 and only changed it for my Current Speed Triple 1200.

The reason I kept it so long was because it was such a brilliant all round bike. In 11 years the only thing I had to replace was the battery which stopped retaining charge after 9 years, other than that just routine servicing and new tyres.The bike absolutely bullet proof!

The only thing I could criticise was the seat. It was like sitting on a plank of wood. Yamaha do a comfort seat but it was ridiculously expensive so I never bothered.

With 150hp it was plenty fast as well.

5. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Thanks for that its good info I did see an article in Ride magazine high milage hero’s,guy had done over 70k with little issues think out of the two the original fazer and the Fz1 it may be the Fz1 but that’s still to be decided,the hornet is decent wee bike but tad underpowered after my speed triple.