Favourite bike magazine

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by om15, Oct 1, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    There are a wide range of bike mags available, some pretty good and informative, some merely glossy adverts with not too much content.

Which is your regular read and why?

I'll start with Classic Bike Guide, good technical articles and maintenance tips, some general and some bike specific, the adverts are informative for services, and the last few pages lead to day dreams about what could be filling that little space in the corner of the garage.

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Practical sportsbikes, classic motorcycle mechanics and on odd times 'Built'.

3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Got a brill idea Ade, bin the sat nav and do a triumph forum 'lead tour' you know the type!!

4. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    +1 for Ride magazine. It was a Christmas present for a years subscription - and it's a really enjoyable read.

5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    +1 CBG!:)
    I think I may have bought the first copy - a smaller sized version with a yellow Norton Commando production racer on the front - and have been reading it ever since.:eek:

6. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I've enjoyed most of em over the years. Ride has a reputation for doing great tests as far as gear is concerned. Performance bikes and superbike were fun reads when I was younger. Had a subscription to the now defunct T.W.O. for a couple of years, but I think overall, my favourite has been Bike. Great bike tests, good features and of course the incomparable Dan Walsh.

ATB

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  7. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Another vote for CBG. I used to have it years ago in the small format but got bored of seeing Bonnies nearly every month so stopped it. Started again about 2 yrs ago but always look on the cover first to see if there is anything inside to get me interested . I buy CMM and Practical Sportsbikes sometimes too.

8. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Classic motorbike mechanics, i find it usual for projects id like to do
    Fast Bikes, to keep a finger on whats new in the sports bike world
    i used to get ride but that petered out mainly due to not having time to read them all!

9. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    You're as bad as I am. I've got magazines from years ago with an article that I might want to read again. I've also got a garage full of stuff that is going to be useful sometime, I need to start getting rid of things before I run out of space..
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    Ride and Bike are the two I get each month.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Nah! It will have been slung years ago.:oops: Now the shelf life of any magazine hereabouts is 2 months, before SWMBO orders a clear out involving the recycling bin.:(

12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Over the years I've subscribed to Ride, CMM, Practical.

Now it's just Classic Racer.

13. Kris78

Kris78 New Member

Oct 2, 2016
    UK
    +1 to Classic Bike Guide!