Fake Spring?

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by BiMiWi, Apr 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BiMiWi

BiMiWi Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2021
    New England
    So last weekend here it was 75 F and sunny. "Spring has arrived!" Rode as much as I could.

Today:

IMG_1167.JPG

Mark Twain -- "If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes."

The real annoying thing isn't the snow -- it will be gone within a day or two. Unfortunately, the roads, which had finally been washed free of salt and brine, will be dirty again and take a few more rainstorms to be clean.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BiMiWi

BiMiWi Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2021
    New England
    Finally some decent weather and some rain to wash off the salt. Had a nice little jaunt with my son and his Z400. First time I've ridden the Speed Twin in reasonably warm weather. Looking forward for Spring to finally arrive.

4-24-2021.JPG

4-24-2021-Bikes.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  3. BiMiWi

BiMiWi Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2021
    New England
    Spring has finally, for real this time, arrived. Took a quick morning jaunt on Winona Road in Meredith along Winona Lake and Pimigewasset River, then along Lake Winnipesauke back to Gilford. When I lived in Los Angeles I would have to ride an hour or more through traffic to be able to ride "the twisties" where now I just pull out of my driveway. Of course, the six-month winter does suck. But riding "season" is the rest of the year.

IMG_0014 - small.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Talk of Lake Winnipesauke brings back memories of the first holiday I had with my present wife in about 1999. Beautiful part of the world. I'd love to tour there on a bike. At the time we were in a Oldsmobile Alero ? Something like that.
    We were there in May and I remember the road up Mt Washington? was still shut but you are very lucky to have that area as your stomping ground.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BiMiWi

BiMiWi Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2021
    New England
    If one was to come to New England for motorcycle touring the best time to ride here in my opinion is early fall, maybe late August through early October depending on the weather that year. The bugs aren't nearly as bad as early spring, the late spring and early summer crazy weather has settled down, kids are back in school reducing daytime traffic, and the leaf peepers haven't taken over the roads yet for the fall foliage. Early morning rides in summer can be nice but where I live we get a lot of vacationers and traffic increases substantially. Of course, "traffic" is relative depending on what one regularly experiences.

Mt. Washington is a unique experience, but they've closed down all of the "activities" at the top due to the global situation. It's unfortunate, because it was a neat place to take a family, with a museum, shops, a food court, and of course the amazing views all around. But the road up, if they open it to general traffic again, is worth the trip.

• Like Like x 1