Rideout Faces to names ride out May 2015

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Tigcraft, May 11, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    As some people will know a foreigner known as 'the big lad' is coming to town. He mentioned meeting up with people from the south then up to the north of England on his rounds.
    So how about (if it suits yourselves) to have a ride out or two (subject to which end your at) and meet some faces of which we only have names to? Any suggestions or have I rocked the apple cart? Eric

2. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Suggest we let the big fella tell us when he will be at Squires in North? Luckily I'm retired so no problem with dates/times, others may have of course. He has just said in his original thread he is interested in going.

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well thanks guys, it would be great to put faces to names.

My timetable for the UK trip is as follows :

Arrive Newhaven the morning of the Sunday 17th May and go straight to a bike get together at the Bishops Finger -sorry- Waltham, near Southampton.

Then onto my sisters new place near Yeovil for a couple of days, so leave there 19th and on to Worcester, then Kidderminster seeing various pals.

That takes me to the 21st or 22nd then 2 nights in Leeds, then on the 24th head south to Northampton for the evening/night.

On the 25th head down to the Ace Café, North Circular, for a proper biker cuppa,before going down to Newhaven and the ferry home.

Cheers and see you all soon

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    SWMBO has pre-booked me on the 23rd for a trip to the National Arboretum at Alrewas, so I feel I may miss this historic visitation! Bollucks!! :(

Unless ....... !

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As I said if NZ give England a pasting at lords and finish it in 4days , or the other way around of course!!, then I can get to ace cafe on Monday, might even be able to add a good old British bacon butty to that tea

6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Unless...............................................................?

7. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Unless the sky falls on her head!! (Asterix or Obelix??):oops:

8. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    I could meet up somewhere on Sunday the 24th of may if that's any good - sounds like you'll be heading down the M1 from Leeds to Northampton on that day - so if you are planning a stop meet somewhere on the way through the midlands I'll head over from Lincoln

9. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That would be great Dodge,what about if I came down the A1 and we could meet up at somewhere around Newark?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    Yes that would be spot on , anywhere around that area is not far from me at all , so just name a place and I'll meet up , my mobile is 07704 824782 , so on the day you can text me if you like .

11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thing is, I don't know that area at all, so if you know of a cafe on or near the A1 in the Newark area, then that'll do for me.

12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Now there's a thought !!!

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Or Tena for men!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    They call that Tena Homme over here. Not that I'm involved with such products you understand...............................

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    It's a while since I've been near, but, if you come off the A1 at the A17/A46 split, and follow the road into Newark (over A1 and bear left at r/bout onto B6166) you will come to Newark Castle (eventually!). Seems that there is a r/bout there, so turn right (putting castle on your left) and park up on the right just before crossing the River Trent. There are several cafes around there for your delectation!:)
    Failing that ... Grantham services!:D:eek::oops: Choice is a bit restricted at weekends ... butty vans all over during the week to feed us hungry truckers!! :)
    Tapped 'Newark Notts' into google and got a map from there.
    Hope all this gibberish is helpful! :confused:

16. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Are you handing out tenners on yer travels big fella if so put me down for 2

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    no probs , there is a macdonalds & a shell garage & a truckstop & a little chef at Markham moor services on the A1 , just north of Newark - GN22 0QU is the postcode if that's any good

18. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    SB! I like that. Eric

19. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Not been past Markham Moor since September 2012 (long story ... hgv driver + heart problem!) but the Little Chef (A1 s/bound) was closed in the cull of those restaurants a good while before then. Also Markham Moor Truckstop (A1 n/bound) used to stay closed on Sundays (shame really as their Full English is excellent - or was!).
    Things may have changed since then though, so once again I may be talking through my arse!!
    Just saying!! :(

20. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    ah rightio , there's definately a macdonalds still but dont know about the others though . Any ideas of anywhere decent other than a macdonalds around there , I couldnt think of anywhere round Newark