Eye candy-Modern classics New range

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tigcraft, Oct 28, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Thought I'll post some lovely ladies......................... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Nice - all new 1199cc Triumph range including a two bike Thruxton range - the Thruxton R has 81ftlb of torque and will be around £12000 with the standard around £9000. Triumph will also offer three customisation packages: Track Race, Cafe Racer and an R performance kit for track use only.

3. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Nice link Dave

4. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    That's interesting. I'm sure the video I saw on FB showed a Scrambler as well.

I must admit they are looking good :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    According to the Triumph website, gone is the existing 865cc engine in favour of 900 and 1200 versions of a brand new water-cooled jobby.

The 900's will be 270° cranks, don't know about the 1200's.

Looks like all new bikes get ABS and Traction Control; the posher bikes getting more doo-dads.

The America and Speedmaster appear to retain the 'old'engine - at least for now.

6. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    According to MCN, the Bonneville Twin features a low-friction, low-inertia engine with a lighter crankshaft allowing it to rev more quickly and higher than previous Bonneville engines. There are some very clever engineering elements to the Thruxton, too. The exhausts are a prime example, managing to keep the classic twin-swept pipe style which hides a clever twist. A diversion pipe runs from each cylinder downpipe into the underslung catalyser box, then back out into the twin silencers. The downpipes are then covered in a second metal skin to not only lower surface temperatures, but also to stop the discolouration from water spray and exhaust gas heat, and give the illusion of straight-through pipes.

Triumph say the exhaust note has been tuned to deliver a characterful and bassy rumble. The Thruxton models get a host of electronics too, with ABS as standard, a ride-by-wire throttle, switchable traction control, multiple riding modes, LED rear lights and signature LED daytime running lights, and a USB charging socket. The engine also boasts a slipper clutch.

The Thruxton R
    The range-topping Thruxton R ups the ante even further with significant parts upgrades over the standard Thruxton model in order to make it look, perform, handle and stop better. Upgraded Brembo twin floating brake discs are clamped by Brembo radially-mounted monobloc calipers plus there’s a Brembo master cylinder for increased braking power. The suspension uses a high-spec, fully-adjustable Showa big-piston fork up front and fully-adjustable Öhlins twin rear shocks while the rims run Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tyres for sportier handling characteristics.

7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
  8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thanks mate, don't forget to let me know your Paypal addy.

I've got the batteries ready...................................................................................AAA wasn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Great to see new stuff from Triumph

10. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I like the look of the Street Tracker.
    Ooh look at me,getting all trendy.