Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Jan 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I’m exploring new bikes and financing options

I’m on a pcp now and not convinced its the way forward as loans are cheaper without any conditions attached i.e I can do what I want at anytime without pcp restrictions

if I go down this route I’d keep the bike for 4/5 years at least so an extended warranty would make sense

Whom would you recommend for such, I see Car Care Plan provide Triumphs pre-owned warranty's

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Everything I've read about extended warranty is that they are not worth the money, with so many exclusions included it is difficult to know what and what not is covered. Like DD has said a new bike well maintained is unlikely to cause you to many problems in 4/5 years of pleasure only riding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Fair comment, unlikely to do more than 4k year, mainly faiweather

• Like Like x 1
  4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thanks Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I have never purchased an extended warranty on anything. Maybe luck but if I did it would have been a waste of money. Nothing 'failed' during the extended period (cars, bikes, whatever). I probably 'over-maintain' my vehicles, everything per the book and it has served me well over the years. Like others have said if you take good care and properly maintain the bike 'probably' not needed. But there is always a risk, but my opinion an low one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Good to know, thanks

7. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA