explorer ingling/numb fingers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by steve ward, Jun 29, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve ward

steve ward New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Hi everyone
    Only had explorer a fewerw weeks but have noticed I am getting numb tingling fingers on both hands bike runs fine no probs .did not have this when I took a test ride (on another explorerer)
    Panniers are fitted on my bike could this be it
    Bike going back in on thursday for check over
    Have bought some grip puppies for handle bars but not ftting yet till see what dealer comes up with
    Herd all this about Weight in handle bars does this work(cant seam to get any in mine for wiring for heated grips)
    wheels out of balance ,throttle bodies,
    Any body got good advice or recommendations
    Thanks guys

2. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Mate had the same with his, dealer seems to have sorted it now though, but it is going back in with other issues :(

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi I have had tingling / numbness problems for while of and on. Still get it on the Tiger 800 and found it worse when on a recent holiday going down mountain passes on a series of corners where more weight is on the bars and I'm more tense and holding on tighter.

I have found using gloves with no seams across the palms helps, I have worked on relaxing my grip..... it helps but I have another theory; when I test rode my 800xc demo it did not have the ridged heated grips fitted that my new bike had. I personally do not think the heated grips are as comfortable to hold as the standard ones.

4. steve ward

steve ward New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Pete h what did they do to correct it

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Sometimes wearing inners in your gloves helps to lessen this

Cheers

Steve

6. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    I think it was a bit vibey and probably had a bit of a service and tune blown in ?

7. steve ward

steve ward New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Taken bike back to dealer today had front wheel balanced
    Must say seems a lot better going to try a few more things over weekend will let you know how it goes
    Ride on dudes