Tiger Explorer Explorer and XC free kit with new bikes ordered by end of June

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by littleade, Mar 22, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    For anyone considering a new bike I'm just reading this month's issue of ride magazine and Triumph are offering free heated grips, heated riders seat and Twin box pannier set if you order a new bike at full list price by 30.6.2015 is this normal for Triumph to offer such stuff free?

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Triumph do this quite often, when I bought my Tiger 800 last year the offer then was free top box, touring screen and heated grips. When the mrs had her Street in 2012 the offer was free belly pan, nose cowl and screen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Who on Earth would buy at list price????????

• Like Like x 1
  4. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member
    Subscriber

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I thought they gave stuff away when a model was due a re style/update.
    Get rid of the old stock.

5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It's just about motivating the market. Could be for run-out models, could be just to shift stock in general.

• Like Like x 1
  6. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Well the dealers think we should! I think it would be a reasonable deal if you wanted those extras on the Explorer anyway? Though I'd be looking for something from the dealer too- maybe some free kit thrown in to cover what you'd expect to get as a discount so invoice wise it looked like you paid full price so got the free stuff from Triumph. When I looked at Beemers last year one dealer was offering 4% off while another more than doubled that as a first offer so I'm guessing it'll be the same game as buying a car. Tell them you are looking to make a definite purchase on a specific bike that month from the dealer that offers them the best deal and leave them to crunch their numbers to see how low they will go?

7. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Thanks Richard. Looks like they're probably targeting specific models at certain times then either to generate sales in new models or as thebiglad says to shift stock either because they have a new/updated model coming out or to move existing stock.

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #8 thebiglad, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    It's not rocket science is it? It's a game of 2 players - the salesman and the buyer. Salesman kicks off with list price; buyer laughs loudly as he falls off his chair ! Salesman says "Maybe we can do something on the price"; buyer says you'll need to reduce by 15%; salesman falls off chair; "I can do 5% off list" says the salesman; "and I can go, with the cash in my pocket, to Triumph Limousin who have already offered me 10% off" says buyer. Etc etc etc. Eventually ending up with with 10% off plus heated grips and a different seat.

And that, ladeez and gentlemen, is how you reduce to a minimum the single most important cost of running a vehicle, namely depreciation.

Dave (proprietor of Dave's Wonderful World of Bikes)

9. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Ha that sounds like the solicitors when I got divorced 25 years ago LOL. I will have to start practicing looking SWMBO in the eye to see if she blinks first. If I can out stare her I stand a chance.....

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The single most important piece of advice I could offer is only start negotiating properly when you KNOW FOR SURE that you could do a deal that day - if it's good enough.

It imbues you with the confidence to 'play hardball'.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NeilP

NeilP New Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Aberdeen
    I got £1200 worth of free accessories with my new TEX so I got side panniers, radiator guard, fog lights, hand guards and I've since added heated grips, I also treated myself to a new Shoei Air GT as my old lid didn't match the colour of my new bike :rolleyes:
    The bike was delivered free of charge too which was one hell of a saving considering I live in Aberdeen and the bike came from Triumph world in Chesterfield :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme
    Subscriber

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    Of course you could always buy second hand, with all the extras and with the money you save on new buy a second one!!! HA

13. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    I'd like to try the mormon approach to biking (i.e. have more than 1) but that's unlikely to get approval and seeking forgiveness would be too costly.

14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Just tell her it's your old bike with a new fairing and hide the other one!

15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme
    Subscriber

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    If they're the same colour she'll never spot the difference. Mine didn't! I just told her I'd raised the suspension ;-£

• Like Like x 1
  16. helpmaboab

helpmaboab New Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Nae bad deal,
    I live in Aberdeen as well, and I will be heading into Shirlaws to see how much the change over from a 2016 Rocket roadster to a 1200 XRT, did you try them?
    I also hear that the last Rockets are off the production lines now.