Exhausts

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Van S, Jul 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    Mt T, what have you done with your original rear light surround? My 2011 didn't come with one, due to the tail tidy the previous owner fitted. So I'm after one.

2. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I've stored it safely with all the other original bits - my intention is to keep it, so I can return it to standard if necessary (I acknowledge that this may never happen).

There's one on eBay just here (although mine is clean!) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Speed-Triple-1050-Rear-Light-Surround-2015-/232515596260

But Foxy...what kind of tail tidy involves removing the surround !?

3. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    I don't know, Mr T. Only just got the bike. As you may have seen from my other thread, I'm trying to upload some pics, but can't for some reason. You can see the back end on the pics. I've uploaded a pic in the newbie section, but don't know what I did different. Der........
    Thanks for the link, btw.

4. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Did you find anyone local Yorkshireman?
    I've a 2015 Speed Triple R with Arrows & K&N filter, so I'd be interested if it made a noticeable difference.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    No, I think I’m going to post my Ecu to Hilltop while the bike is on SORN over the winter, their results look good and it’ll save me a boring motorway ride.

6. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    I did it by post on a Ducati Monster I had.

Do you think there will be a noticeable difference over the up map installed with Arrow cans from the dealer?

7. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    tc... was the original trace with an up map installed with the low boy, prior to a new map being installed?

8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Not sure, what's an UP map ?
    I had the low boy from new, so it was whatever mapping the dealer put in it that is reflected in the first dyno run.

9. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Sorry, I think its a Ducati thing - Up Map, the fuel map added with an aftermarket can.

So a significant gain over the dealer map? Can you feel the better performance?

10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    It's definitely a lot better and smoother at the bottom end of the rev range.

Ah, a bit like TORS, that had me a bit baffled when I first went on a Triumph forum :p