Speedmaster Exhausts For Euro 5 Speedmaster...

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Biggus, Aug 8, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biggus

Biggus New Member

Jun 5, 2022
    Buckinghamshire
    Just started looking to see what exhaust options are available for a 2022 Euro 5 Speedmaster. Various dealers say you cannot change the exhaust without major issues, possibly causing the bike to go into limp mode. Has anyone changed or done their exhaust or looked into this on the latest Speedmaster? Cheers

2. jesus malaga

jesus malaga New Member

Jun 22, 2022
    spain
    I did not do myself, but know some guys using other exahusts. Dr. jeckill and cone engineering, also on bobbers (speedmaster and bobber 100% share mechanics)

Triumph even sell an alternative exhaust made by V&H. And you can see many videos of owners showing other pipes.

For some it would be interesting to remap the ECU to get best performance, but no danger to damage the engine.

There is someting in the initial exhaust manifolds named "lambda probes" that are used by the ECU to adjust explosion to the actual function of exhausts.

That what you say sounds like the kind of bullshit some low talented brand dealers argue to avoid having to deal with options they do not know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Biggus

Biggus New Member

Jun 5, 2022
    Buckinghamshire
    Thanks, I am aware that what others have done but I think this applies to the euro 4 models and not the euro 5 models which can shut down the ECU into limp mode if the exhaust is altered. I am happy with the fuelling and just wanted a louder exhaust and didn't want to go to the trouble of getting the ECU remapped.

4. CraigHew

CraigHew Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Whitchurch, Shropshire
    I've had an X-pipe and a pair of Hitchcox drag pipes on my 2021 Euro 5 speedmaster.
    The limiting factor will be whether your bike's cat is welded to the exit tubes or clamped. If it's clamped then any compatible after-market pipes will be possible. If it's welded then without major surgery you're stuck with what's there.
    No ECU problems at all altering exhausts although if you start removing or altering engine sensors then the anti-tamper software now built into the ECU will illuminate the Engine Management Light....