Exhaust Pipes For New T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Drummer, Feb 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Hi all,
    Being pretty much non technical I would like some clarification as to changing pipes on my 2016 Bonneville T120.
    If I swap my peashooter original pipes for Remus end cans, and do nothing else, will the bike sound better, or do I have to eliminate the CAT to get any sound benefits?

Thanks for informed comments.

2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    XPipe de-cat and new cans will give it that all important 'annoy the neighbours' sound.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Remus cans were the first thing I fitted and sound quite a bit better once the end baffles are removed (circlip plus small tack weld)
    Much bigger difference with the X pipe
    If you read my post under the More power thread below there’s an account of what I’ve done.There isn’t a dealer remap and the ECU is locked but there are some who say they can piggy back software onto it but I haven’t tried that myself.

4. dUb

dUb New Member

Feb 14, 2018
    San Francisco
    Have you pulled off the snorkel yet? That alone might give you what you want.

5. Bunji81

Bunji81 Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Snorkel???

6. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    I have an almost new T100 and those parts are generally interchangable. First thing I did was pull out the snorkel and was surprised at the sound difference. I installed an x-pipe and once again was surprised (and pleased) with the sound change (not just volume). I am now awaiting a new set of BC shorties that change things once again. Sounding better is very subjective on motorcycle sound. Any one change alone would make a difference in the sound so it's a matter to do the incremental changes (in any order) until you're satisfied for what YOU want.

7. dUb

dUb New Member

Feb 14, 2018
    San Francisco
    Pull the left side cover - it's held in by one screw. Remove screw, wiggle to remove, replace side cover, start 'er up and hit the throttle.

http://tinyurl.com/y9kvqr6x

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I pulled the snorkel on my 2010SE. They're supposed to filter out some of the big crap that can gunge up the air filter afaik. As dUb says, it's a simple job to remove and replace. I doubt removing it will do anything performance wise on the T120, but it'd be interesting to hear views on the sound difference.

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

afaik.??

10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    as far as I know ... woim (which often isn't much)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. dUb

dUb New Member

Feb 14, 2018
    San Francisco
    2017 T120 -
    Significant sound improvement on my 2017 T120. With no mufflers installed, it's a bit obnoxious.

• Like Like x 1