675 Exhaust Middle Link Pipe

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Munchen, Jun 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Munchen

Munchen Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    Hi Gang

Now some might think I'm crazy but yesterday I wanted to put the original tail pipes back on my bike, removing the Arrows that could be considered by some to be rather obnoxious as they are a bit loud.

However, once I lined one of the original boxes up against the top of the link pipe, it was evident that it was not going to work out. The original box barely made contact with the link meaning I'd never get it seal.

Would someone be kind enough to confirm that the middle pipe for the Arrow system is not the original part please? Once I know the two apertures on the original middle pipe extend about 3 inches longer, I'll set about sourcing one.

The picture I found doesn't look any different to the one I have fitted already so perhaps there is another way it's done?

[​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Munchen

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    I love it. This is about the only post I've made on here related to my Triumph motorcycle and I get nothing. Post a joke or a photo of a fat bird in a bikini and it's a different story. :D

Come on lads, all I want to know is whether having the Arrow tail pipes means the middle pipe (running vertically down behind the engine) has to be changed or not?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    It looks no different to mine mate, if you can come to county Durham I'll fit mine on yours and we can swap.

You must admit, she's better than any post on here :joy::joy:

Took some pics of my bike for your perusal I fear you've bought a wrong set of originals from a newer machine.

Pete

IMG-20200412-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20200623_095819.jpg

IMG_20200623_095841.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    #4 joe mc donald, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Munchen
    This is my 09 675 rough measurement 50cm. I am dismantling over the next few days so if you need more help i can photograph and measure for you.
    Regards
    Joe image0.jpeg thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail (3).jpg thumbnail (4).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    • Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rspete
    Sorry mate. I should open my eyes.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Munchen

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    Cheers lads, appreciated it.

Looking at the first photo from Rspete, I thought, my pipe is far too small to fit in to that!

I'll have another crack at it on Friday. Cheers.