Evotech Tail Tidy, Design Fault!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by topbanana0, Jan 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Not sure if you speedy owners have noticed the hole/gap, fitting a Evotech leaves.
    I was aware of this before today, that water can make its way under the rear seat space.
    Previously the only thing I could think of, was stuffing an old rag into the gap.
    But after a wet ride, and a good wash last week, I was tinkering with the bike earlier and found the underseat
    was still soaking. Now replaced the rag with bubble wrap, as it won't soak up water.
    Anyone else noticed this problem, or have a better solution?

2. Gravs

Gravs New Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Oxfordshire
    Have you got any pics? I don't have my bike yet but it's got an evotech on it so I'd like to know what to look for when I pick it up.

3. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

Sep 22, 2017
    London
    Hi. What year is your bike? I’ve got an evotech on my 2016 bike, and it fits fine.

4. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    Mine lets in water with the stock tail on it. it leaks in through the gaps in the panels in the "mudguard". everything under there is rusty.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I used some strong tape to cover the gaps in that little panel and that seems to have cured it, mind you I had a pretty wet ride yesterday followed by a wash so I'll check later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    Good thought. I 'll give that a go.

7. Sventhrusta

Sventhrusta Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Kidsgrovia Staffordshire
    The only design fault is in the original Triumph tail piece-it's hideous weighs a ton and still allows water ingress under the seat!

8. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    and the seat, the riders back and lid, the exhausts, shock absorber......... what does that hugger do?????

9. Sventhrusta

Sventhrusta Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Kidsgrovia Staffordshire
    As the multi millionaire magician was so fond of saying".......not a lot!"

• Like Like x 1