Evotech - Crash Bobbins / Sliders

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Trippy Tripple, Nov 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Trippy Tripple

Trippy Tripple Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2019
    London
    Hi Guys,

Just fitted the Evotech crash bobbins / sliders to the ST RS.

Super easy. Took 15 mins max. Left hand side engine bolt slightly more tricky to remove as difficult to get to bolt. But more fiddly than anything... Just play around with the spanner angle and easy enough...

Have to say, really impressed with Evotech so far... Had R&G all over my previous bike, and although their quality is very good and I would definitely use again, I opted to go with Evotech in the ST as I noticed the reviews for the tail tidy were better (R&G don't seem to have got the indicator placement quite right on their version...

So, impressed with the TT, I then decided to go with the Evotech sliders... And I honestly believe the quality is just as good, if not better... But the finish and attention to detail is definitely better. No question.

Probably go with the Evotech radiator and cooler guards as well...

Pictures below. Let me know if any questions at all.

Thanks for listening :)

20191126_203038.jpg

20191126_205152.jpg

20191126_205140.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. neilb

neilb Member
    Subscriber

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    I meant to reply to this the other day and say that I’ve got the same on my Speedy and that they are appear to be of excellent quality. Well, I decided to go one step further and test them! Dropped the bike on my drive this afternoon taking it off the paddock stand, something I’ve done many times before with no problem. It keeled over on to its right side. I couldn’t get it up by myself so enlisted the help of my neighbour. Expecting the worse, I was so pleased to find no damage or scratching other than to the underside of the crash bobbin. Not even a mark on the indicator or bar end. These bungs are worth their weight in gold.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trippy Tripple

Trippy Tripple Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2019
    London
    Oh no, neilb..! Don't know whether to be happy or sad for you..! Well I'm glad the bobbin did its job... Funny you said that actually, because I was wondering how good they would be (obviously rather not try them out)..! Thought at least wouldn't protect the indicator... So that's great to know... Thanks for the heads up and glad I went with them now. I've just received the rad and cooler guards, which I'll be fitting this weekend... Will share pics... Good luck with the bobbins, but hope you won't have to test them again soon..! ;):D

• Like Like x 1