Eurosport Is Useless!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Streetgirl675, Jan 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    I hate Eurosport! I follow the Dakar (or try to!). Every night I set up to record the stingy little 30 minute show and last night and the night before they have had snooker on instead. Bloody pub games! One other night they had skiing on instead. So annoyed :mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    So sad to see the First Fatality the other day. So young to pass at 40yrs, but he was doing what he enjoyed! Should we all be as lucky.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Yes, that happens a lot with them, really bloody annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Agreed. Paulo Goncalves was a fantastic rider and came across as a really likeable character. Sad he is gone, but better on a bike than a hospital bed from illness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It is all about money...... snooker will attract a bigger audience than the Dakar, sad but unfortunately true.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Had the same thing with MotoGP. First it was on the BBC but then they never showed the other 2 races. Then on Eurosport it was interrupted by commercial breaks. WTF!!
    So now I have an internet subscription to MotoGP and watch all the races, interviews and tests etc when I like and as often as I like. You can even watch races going back to the early days.
    I do usually watch the races live but for those races that are in Asia or the US it’s handy to watch them at a reasonable time.
    God bless the Internet.
    So yes I understand your pain with watching the Dakar

• Like Like x 5
  7. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    How does the Internet subscription work Nikki, is it through MotoGP directly and are the races only viewed on a mobile device, laptop, tablet etc or can you watch them on tv. I’m reluctant to stump up for BT sport on top of what I pay already. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    It’s through MotoGP direct. You can watch on your phone, tablet, laptop, etc. For iPad you get the app, and Android. On a regular home computer or laptop you go to the MotoGP website and log in.
    I’ve used this for a few years now as I was sick of only being able to watch the main race. They have a no spoilers section for the videos too so you can’t actually see who’s won the race if you didn’t watch it live (but who doesn’t watch it live ;))
    I think I pay around 100 pounds, but it’s worth every penny for the convenience and the fact I don’t miss a single thing. It’s super handy if you’re on holiday and you want to watch the races. Just make sure you have your device and an internet connection and away you go. The race commentators are pretty good too.
    Hope this helps

MotoGP is the only sport I’m interested in and watch, so the 100 quid is not an issue

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Thanks, I’ll look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I forgot to mention also, that all the qualifying rounds are available too for all the races. You literally don’t need to miss a thing

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    #11 freck, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    MotoGP is really the only sport I’m passionate about too, and luckily I get BT Sport free with my cable TV package.
    Their coverage is really good, although I’ve never tried the MotoGP pass to see the difference.
    BT have Colin Edwards though which is a bonus :grinning:........and Suzy Perry :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Same here :)
    I get BT Sport free with virgin media package :)
    I didn’t until I threatened to go to SKY :p

• Like Like x 4
  13. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Dilli, may I ask how much you pay for your virgin package, please? I have BT sport and broadband, and pay about 48 quid a month.

14. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Foxy .... you gone all posh? You lost the vernacular transcription! I'm sure Dilli understands t'Yawkshur accent, tha knose. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

£49 mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield

Soz Adie, normal service'll bi resumed forthwith. :rolleyes:
    Sorry @Helmut Visor , a tried...………..o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    No one in Yorkshire says forthwith. I’m from Leeds originally and I certainly wouldn’t ;):cool:
    What’s thee on a baht

20 plus years in the Netherlands and I’m still fluent in Yorkshire :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Alan BENNETT? ;)

Edit : an eez frum Eddingley!! :D

19. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield

haha, thaz answered thisen lass, sayin tha from Leeds. That's West Yorkshire, here in South Yorkshire we have education..............tha knows :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

:D

• Funny Funny x 3