Essential bits and bobs ?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by PeteH, Oct 1, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Looking at getting some add on for the Speedy...first off is some protection in case it decides to take a nap..so...
    R&G stuff = LH & RH engine case sliders plus Aero bobbins, any comments on choise? any alternatives out there?

Next is radiator and oil cooler protection...R&G or Beowulf ??

How about luggage... im looking at a tail pack...probably the Triumph one, providing its not bungeed on.

And finally (for now) hand guards...spotted some Acerbis ones that look rather nice.

Not looking at bling just everyday practical stuff:upyeah:

2. m4ppy

m4ppy Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Hi, I have the R&G aero upper and lower sets and they are good, for the rad guards I went with evotech. Same for my tail tidy and levers.

They are all just personal taste even the cheap Asian stuff, be warned once you start you can't stop lol

3. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Hi PeteH, welcome to the forum - I have all the bits you need and probably some you don't! I havent sold any of it yet just in case the urge to buy another one gets the better of me :eek: . Pic of my Speed with the parts on that are now in boxes in the loft
    Triump Tail pack not pictured as I never fitted it - Evotech rad and oil cooler guards are spot on - the oil cooler guard wraps around the side of the cooler and finishes it off a treat. Pazzo levers, bar end mirrors,R&G crash bits front, centre and rear.Triumph LED indicators...the list goes on

View attachment 1943
    View attachment 1944

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    SW Motec bags connection make some nice soft panniers for the Speed Triple, there are some pics further back in page two or three of this section.

5. Scouser

Scouser Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wirral UK
    Hi PeteH

just got S3 myself i also went for Evotech rad covers great bit of kit nothing will get through them (bullet perhaps!) I also fitted front fender extender had one on all my previuos steads helps keep some of the crud off rads.

Can I also recommedned as an alternative to the very expensive levers i have previously had, BadDog levers only £29.99 each from Ghostbikes.com fitted them in black quality really good and a fraction. Next purchase will be crash bungs probably R&G's
    Just got my Scorpion Serket Red Can to fit this weekend !!

Enjoy

6. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Ok...ordered the R & G bobbins and lowers yesterday form the Sportsbikeshop...and will be fitting them Friday night, Hmm, not seen a fender extender yet but reckon it could make it onto my `Gotta get list `
    As for the panniers (Richard)...Im keeping the Tiger for any distance work...for now anyway:wink:

7. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    R&G stuff arrived ok, but the bobbins are front of engine...should have specified realy as they did`nt ask either...sooo just need to figure a way of getting to the inner nut of the front engine mount... also need to aquire an adapter 1/4 drive to 1/2 so I can torque up the engine case slider bolts.