Engine management light

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Kev, Sep 30, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Had the tank off my bike at the weekend, all plugs and pipes disconnected, nothing electrically done to bike. The engine management light showed this morning and is now still on. Bike starts fine and seems to be running ok.

Bike is 2012 non R model.

I had a gsxr previously & I was able to (after information found on forum) use a small piece of wire to jump a plug in the loom to identify the error code and there allowing me to clear light if required.

Anyone any ideas or experienced the same issue, the battery was never disconnected.

2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I think you have to do a run cycle 3 or 5 (can't remember which) times.
    If it's not gone by then I'd have a word with your dealer

3. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014
    By this do you mean a hot-cold, hot-cold, hot-cold run? Or do you mean the start cycle? Tried the start cycle several times but no joy.

4. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Anyone any idea Said? This is still an issue, weird really as the bike seems to be running alright. I've done the cycles as previously suggested

5. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    For the 3 cycle to work you need the fan to kick in then let it cool right down and then repeat.....don't touch anything while it gets to temperature, worked after two cycles on my Tiger but haven't had any issues with the Speedy yet

6. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014
    so just leave to idle until fan kicks in? then shut off and do same the next day? i was running the bike for the cycle so this could be the reason it did not work.

7. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    No need to leave it till the next day........probably about 1/2 hour or so should do it, especially at this time off year. And YES just let it idle....don't touch anything

• Like Like x 1