Engine Management Light - No Solutions Found.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DDamieNN, Nov 18, 2023.

1. DDamieNN

DDamieNN New Member

Nov 17, 2023
    UK
    Hi All, this is my first post ( technically second as I have also posted the Sports forum, apologies if not allowed)

I'm Damien, new to a Triumph and new to this Group.

Recently bought a 2001 TT600 which has the ECM light illuminated constantly. I knew this when I bought it and doesn't affect performance.

It bought the OBD lead for Tune ECU and connected to the bike. Now I have searched this site and others and it seems the group of three fault codes are common but after hours of searching the forums I am yet to find anyone with a solution.

Fault codes are P0230 -Fuel pump relay default, P1231- Fuel pump relay open circuit or short to ground and P0562 - System voltage low.

With the bike running I can erase the codes and the light stays off. Once I disconnect TuneECU, turn the bike off and restart the light returns on and stays on.

Battery voltage is 12.75v stationary, remains above 12.5v at the battery and fuel pump relay when starting and charging voltage is around 14.1 to 14.6 ( which is a little high but drops slightly when lights/fan is on etc.

New battery fitted by previous owner and new R/R.

I was concerned about the Datatool harness and stripped this out as far back as possible and made good without taking off side fairings.

It seems a new harness has been installed direct to the stator. As I found what I assume are the 3 original yellow stator wires insulated in the loom by the battery. But I read something in these forums that this was a mod to improve charging issues.

Not sure what the original fuel pump relay looks like but I have also tried changing the one fitted when I bought it for a standard 5 pin relay ( 87a not wired in the housing) in case the one fitted that had a diode fitted across the coil was causing the issue.

Now I'm at a loss and need some support. Can anyone help who has successfully solved this issue or provide a wiring diagram so I can check the fuel pump circuit wiring? ( 5 brown/ pink wires at the realy and a yellow/something)

It would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks Damien

2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Possibly a bad earth around the fuel pump/relay area. Can you get a genuine original relay?

3. DDamieNN

DDamieNN New Member

Nov 17, 2023
    UK
    Thanks for input. I will clean up all earths and see if it helps.

I have found a diagram that suggests that the fuel pump is powered direct from the ecu. So the relay I have changed is the main is supply relay to various systems.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1