Engine Management Light - Fault Code Query

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Len H, Jun 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Len H

Len H New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Barrow
    After a period of hot running in recent great weather the MIL came on and associated fault code -2 P18 shown (after pressing I button for 5 secs). Anyone know what this means - water and oil levels all okay.

2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Don't know if its bike specific but some idea of what bike it is and its age / engine size / model might be of help to those that might know ......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Len H

Len H New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Barrow
    Apologies - Thruxton R 2016 1200cc - also the spanner came up along with TC and ABS - nearly full house!

4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I know very little about the recent models, and I'm sure someone who knows a lot more than I will be along shortly, but .....

In light of whats come up I would first look at the abs sensor gaps and wiring for damage

5. Len H

Len H New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Barrow
    Well, long story but having had a rear wheel puncture on saturday needing recover after repair wasn't successful (now know a lot more about inner tubes in a tubeless tyre) I've noticed during cleaning today that the rear abs cable has chafed heavily on the rear tyre wall (wasn't clipped back properly - my fault). Booked into the dealership tomorrow for EMC check but will also ask for a replacement rear abs cable. Wires exposed. BTW anyone recommend preventative tube protection? On the learning curve but love the bike.

6. Len H

Len H New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Barrow
    Just by way of an update and to close this thread the MIL reset itself after the other alarms corrected themselves over a few days.

• Like Like x 2