End Of My Perfect Record >..<

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TriBriBon, Jun 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    #1 TriBriBon, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Well after near 50 years of riding and driving I had my 1st MoT failure today :sob: never experienced this turmoil before ;)
    I had the old girl booked into a new place near to home, not used them before but my usual place caught fire a time ago and are still struggling to get back to normal, so needs must.
    Rocked up at the allotted time slot, nipped in and saw the guy and he said yeah no problem, about 30/40 mins.
    He suggest a 50 yrd mooch to Jack's Fish bar, every Wednesday lunchtime there's a local gathering of vintage bikes, what's not to like.

As I left I said to him, Oh, you ok with pipes, oh yeah he replies, the louder the better, great I thought.

So off I go, order me fish n chips, have a nosy round the bikes, couple of chats, and the odd climax over some of the iron on show there :p

So after an hour I mosey back to collect the bike only to be issued with the failure notice :sob:

Reason - my TOR's are still etched with the Not for Road use on the underside, a fair cop tbh, should have known better, the really annoying thing is that I nearly swap them for the originals this morning when I was getting her ready.
    Then to add insult to injury, he also tags an advisory because there is no rear seat present at the time of test :eek: I've got the trials seat on her at the moment
    So I asked for an explanation, as the seat is an available option at purchase, it's secure, what's the issue /
    Apparently the advisory was issued because I still have the rear foot pegs fitted - Jesus H Christ I'm thinking, I know it's the 13th today but come on, really ? Ironically I did have a pair of TEC foot pegs blanking bolts fitted but they last one 50 mile trip out after fitting, so the pegs where put back on.

So back to the silencers, he says, well you can tape them over, cos I'm not allowed to peel the tape off !!!
    you can grind the not for road use out, but I can't pass it with the info on show.
    So off back home, swap back to the standard silencers, and off back to the re-test, matey comes out, sort of bent down to take a half look and pronounced it was fine :joy:
    So he prints up the pass certificate and then says oh I've removed the advisory for the seat for you, what a to do.
    Got home drained, so much so I've had to partake of a couple or four cold ones, accompanied by a very nice home made curry.
    Happy Daze :cool:

Just going back to the Bagshot Chippie meet on a Wednesday, if your ever in the area around 12 lunchtime pop in and take a look.

Right chaps, time to take the dog for a mooch.

Ride safe

Brian.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    fecking bullshit rules:mad: at least you got a mot in the end:)

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    At least you got sorted in the end but to be honest really unnecessary from the mot guy, Point of note no need to grind off Not for road use it came off very easy from mine with just a light rub with some scotch bright.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Yes I've done exactly that this evening with some 7000 grit wet and dry, then a quick buzz over with my air polisher with some metal polish on the pad and the job's a good un :cool:

• Like Like x 2