Emma Raducanu

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curly, Oct 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Now the new face of Dior.
    Just as well, being hard up like she is she'll need the extra cash.
    Shame that Dior couldn't have selected a random pretty face belonging to someone who would have benefited financially.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Little brat, lol.
    Sacked her coach after winning the US open now nobody wants to coach her. Lost in her first match after that win, just watch her go downhill now.
    Still if you can get Dior to pay you I guess life ain't so bad.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Of course, success breeds suitors. There's shades of too much too soon about it for me. If she turns out to be a flash in the pan they'll turn on her as quickly as they're currently brown nosing her. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    You miserable lot, good luck to her!

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Notso
    With you on this one. Good luck to the girl. She has accomplished more than i ever could. And it a big and she has a Union Jack Draped around her shoulders. Great achievement and may it last forever.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I wish her luck; she got up early to train before school, got great GCSE and A level results as well as playing tennis to the level that she does. She's polite and engaging when interviewed. It's clear she also enjoys all of the attention and focus on her off the court, but in a "I'm going to make the most of it" way rather than seeming to be unpleasant or arrogant. She's eighteen years old and is now living an unimaginable life to most of us due to her own hard graft - and I also hope that she enjoys every minute of it.

People like Emma and similarly Laura Muir (one of my heroes!) are great role models in an age where people aspire to being reality TV stars, influencers etc. Laura balanced studying to be and qualifying as a vet with her athletics career and Emma has achieved well academically too, even during these weird Covid times where people her age have been denied so much crucial interaction.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    :kissing_heart:

C7E9D7B8-AEE2-4F40-BB38-D14A7F973917.gif

• Like Like x 1
  9. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Couldn't agree more. The decision relating to her coach was also inevitable and had nothing to do with brattiness, ungratefulness or egotism. She just needed a coach with Tour experience, as would anyone in her situation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Littleade
    They did ask me if i could do the job but i was to busy.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 6