Electrical Goblin

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aceofharps, May 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aceofharps

Aceofharps Member

Oct 29, 2020
    Minster Ohio
    Bike would die while riding, but start right back up after stopping. I replaced the coil & ignition sensor. Electrical Goblins continued to shut down the bike and allow me to start it back up. Something pissed them off & now it only starts when it feels like it. The problem is no spark. All the rest of the electrical system works. I've used an ohm meter to check if the throttle sensor was working & that looks good. Don't know if the new ignition sensor is the problem. Sometimes the bike has spark & will fire up, sometimes not. I just don't know how to fix this bike. The closest Triumph dealer is 90 miles away & they wouldn't even check the valve adjustments on my bike. BTW, the bike is a 2006 Bonneville T100 with only 10k miles. You guys have helped me before. What do you think?

2. Aceofharps

Aceofharps Member

Oct 29, 2020
    Minster Ohio
    Wow. Almost two weeks and no reply. Well I looked at the schematic and saw that an ignition control module (CDI) is also part of the spark producing apparatus. Purchased the Triumph Twin Power fire starter stage 1 igniter. Bike started right up and has yet to leave me down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Sorry didn’t see the original post.

Pleased though you found the solution.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    When I saw Goblin I thought it was about a teasmade, and I know f@ckall about teasmades. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I'm the teasmade in our house but its been a while since I had a goblin.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #6 Ducatitotriumph, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Twin Power fire starter stage 1 igniter sounds like it's an elon musk invention!? Excellent description sir!
    I'd like to think i've got 3 of those puppies on my triple! (I think I have....???)
    Sorry sir, I don't think people saw the original post. Certainly no animosity meant i'm sure (certain)
    Well done on the fix and fingers crossed!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brixton Steve

Brixton Steve Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Devon
    Hello, didn't reply to post because I am a complete numpty with electrics.