Electrical Accessory Socket On The 2013 Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chris Wise, May 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I have a 2013 Tiger 800 and was wondering about the Electrical Accessory socket by the ignition is used for .I have never used this and wonder what do people plug into this socket ,what is it used for ,ie could you connect a sat nav by using this socket instead of hard wiring the sat nav up to the battery .I am intrigued to what I can use the socket for and what else it can be used for ?It must be there for a reason Any info on what I can use on this socket for would be apricated
    Thanks in advance

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    This is a Hella style socket (like a smaller version of a car cigarette lighter socket).
    Some items of heated clothing will plug directly into this, otherwise most of use use a plug in USB adaptor to power phones etc off.

See this thread under clothing and gadgets.

FeaturedHella Dual Usb Voltmeter

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Anything you like! You can use an usb adapter plug in there to use anything with usb leads, or one that’ll convert it to a normal cig socket, I’ve used it to power my phone and also a small compressor to pump up my tyres. Just check the amperage of the accessory doesn’t exceed that of the socket

4. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Thanks for that I thought there must be a use for it .I use it to charge my phone up