Featured Electric

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Malcolm Woods, Dec 28, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Erling

Erling Noble Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    We're certainly living in an electrifying world, aren't we?
    Planes, yup, the first ones are already here. In my country they have also started establishing a network of chargers for leisure vessels. Battery powered ferries, smaller and larger, are hardly news anymore. Cars? Of the ten most sold models in 2021, only one was not all-electric; the hybrid Toyota RAV4. If we like it or not, it really seems to be building up momentum.

Skjermbilde 2022-01-14 151832.jpg

Skjermbilde 2022-01-14 152212.jpg

Skjermbilde 2022-01-14 152000.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Elite Member
    Subscriber

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I guess if we live long enough it's inevitable, or at least very likely, that we'll see the world change from what we got used to. We've had a number of major shifts since the industrial revolution, from horses to steam to internal combustion engines, electricity, the nuclear age, the space age, the computer age, the internet, artificial intelligence, the decline of fossil fuels, and beyond to who knows where. We get on at some arbitrary point in time, and similarly we get off again one day. The world keeps on turning the whole time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    I’ll never have one as long as me arse points down. Fast milk float derivatives. Entirely the opposite of green if that’s why you want one. People who don’t know an engine or have zero appetite or aptitude to learn how stuff works will love em. But those said people are not true car/ bike lovers. The joy of using a machine with mechanical sympathy is entirely lost on these people.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Yes they are great but older bikes aren’t so bad either. My carb fed Tiger made me sell my 2018 Speed Triple RS because it’s not as practical, comfy or useable on the road.

• Like Like x 1