EFI Speedmaster Seat

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Chiefdruid, Nov 7, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chiefdruid

Chiefdruid New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Good morning to you All
    Went for a 150 mile ride yesterday and frankly it was a pain in the bum, literally, so i think its time i changed the seat to a more comfortable one,I want to keep the seat duel so i can take a pillion, sO ladies and gents, what are your thoughts, what have you got fitted to your bike????
    Thanks
    Steve

2. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Welcome to the club!

Some folks don't have a problem with the stock seats on the Speedy and America but a lot do.

I ended up buying one of these

[​IMG]

I found it significantly better than the stock seat and my wife reckons the pillion is also better.

The other thing that helped me was to fit footboards which gave me more options to move my feet about so I didn't get locked into one position.

It's good for maybe a couple of hours but for my 2500 mile summer tour I used an Airhawk which was brilliant.

Cheers

Dick

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    my seat's lovely & comfy - I think it's just the standard seat for the America , but I've never suffered & always get off feeling fine - not done any proper touring as yet but covered some decent enough distances to make a judgement I think

4. unionfan

unionfan New Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Surrey
    I have similar seat issues and will always consider folkbloke's thoughts as he's a top contributor. Fb what is that seat you have please?

• Like Like x 1
  5. folkbloke

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Thanks for the vote of confidence :wink:

Seats and screens are always an issue and everyone is different. Dodge74 says he finds the seat comfortable whereas I thought it was an instrument of torture :smile:

I bought a Norman Hyde seat.

A lot better than the original but not cheap.

I've heard of people having their seats rebuilt or going down the Corbin route. The problem is that unless you've been able to try out a seat you're going on someone else's opinion. If you ever find yourself in Brighton you're welcome to try out the Norman Hyde seat.

6. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    have to admit that the norman hyde seat does looks very nice , the pillion looks good too. My pillion seat is separate & is a little bit wobbly , I don't really bother with pillions much but if I did something would have to be sorted with it I should imagine

7. Pete865

Pete865 New Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Salisbury
    Just noticed the chrome grab rail above the shock on your machine - I assume you have a centre stand fitted like me? Please advise where you purchased it as it is just what I need for my own bike. Pete

8. Pete865

Pete865 New Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Salisbury
    I changed my America seat for a gel Speedmaster seat and it's been fine.

9. folkbloke

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex

Pete, I cheated with the photo. It's not my bike but the publicity photo from the Norman Hyde site! A little search on the site turned up this. It's not a grab rail but a lifting handle for when you have a centre stand (which sounds like what you want)

https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-triumph/america-speedmaster/cruiser-lifting-handle.html

10. Chiefdruid

Chiefdruid New Member

Jul 15, 2014
  11. cav

cav Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Germany
    I got rid of the fugly Triumph seat and got this. No bells and whistles,
    about half an inch of comfort but i love it.

Foto0557.jpg

12. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
  13. Pete865

Pete865 New Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Salisbury