Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Effective Security For Your Bike Whilst Garaged For Approx £50

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dozers Dad, Mar 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Hi Folks,

After seeing lots of talk on here from people who are concerned about garage security. I thought this was worth mentioning? As a cheap but very effective solution?

If you don't have a 240v power supply in your garage? You can stop reading now as it won't work for you.

Buy some kind of motion sensing alarm. Whether it's a lock with an alarm built in. Or one of those cheap battery operated shed/garage alarms.
    A Xena alarmed disc-lock available new for £35 would do the trick. Even if you only use it whilst the bike is garaged?

Then buy one of these....
    bt-babymonitor-plus.jpg
    It's a BT baby monitor. This particular model is no longer sold but they are very robust, have a massive transmission range with crystal clear sound & they have a temperature monitoring function. Ideal to check that your two wheeled baby is snug?

Obviously they are super sensitive as they are designed to pick up the most mynute noise from a baby. Also, this model allows you to talk back from the smaller receiver to the larger transmitter. Ideal to let your would be garage burglars know that your on your way with Satan the Pitbull & your pump-action! :p

Just hide the transmitter & keep the receiver in your bedroom. (Based on the fact that most burglaries happen at night?)

The particular model shown above can be purchased secondhand on Ebay for approx £15 or less.

Feel free to buy a newer version brand new. I'm only suggesting this one as I installed the set up I'm talking about. In my Mums garage 4yrs ago when I was storing a bike there. It is still working a treat now. Although now it's only guarding her recycling boxes & a lawn mower! :p

BTW.... The temperature monitoring can be set in silent mode. No noise but the screen flashes. You will need to enable this if your garage isn't heated. Due to the fact the preset low temperature warning it set at something like 10°c (remember it's a baby monitor)
    Also the microphone sensitivity can be adjusted. In it's most sensitive mode you hear everything including stuff you don't want to like creaking beams & the wind outside.
    For approx £50. I reckon it's a superb solution that your in control of. No relying on other people responding to the alarm in your garage going off.

• Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 5
  2. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Crème de la Crème

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    Jelly babies maybe.........

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

#3 Dozers Dad, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Here's Satan in standby mode....
    rage18.jpg

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  4. stinger

stinger Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Chipping Sodbury
    You don't wanna come in here mate.... Willow and Polo earning their food this afternoon.

They know the bell on the gate (we have to have one because of shall we say exuberant welcoming of strangers) means victims are about, wouldn't take much to teach them the baby monitor alarm.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

They look like a right pair of savages stinger. I reckon they should be muzzled at all times! o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. stinger

stinger Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Chipping Sodbury
    Ear plugs for us would be better. . . . . . .

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Not effective when doggo is out on walkies! :cool:

8. Callumity

Callumity Senior Member
    Subscriber

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I have a Fergus

• Funny Funny x 8
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Elite Member

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    As a bonus you could also talk to your bike and in Sam's case tell her how much you love her and how much she means to you :heart:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Sevenoaks
    Lovely looking pooch DD!

11. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

He/she isn't mine Monty. It's a Google image.
    I original put a similar funny photo up of an English Bull Terrier.
    Then realised my joke reference to an imaginary dog called "Satan" being a Pitbull. Shouldn't then include an image of an EBT. Both breeds get enough bad press. Without me contributing to the confusion about which breed is which. A bit like your Staffie being a bull breed but not one of the banned bull breeds.

I do agree though mate. The little fella or lady in the photo. Is a lovely looking pooch! :)
    You can see why they're banned eh? It looks like a proper terrifying devil dog! :rolleyes: :kissing:

:p

• Like Like x 1
  12. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Sevenoaks
    I've had a few Staffs and Rottweilers, both have had bad press. Down to owners and lack of proper training:mad:
    My latest staff "Buster", is useless as a guard dog, sleeps through everything.
    In fact probably sleeps 23.5 hours a day! Half hour hour is spent stuffing food down his greedy gullet!;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

If there's such a thing as reincarnation? I want to come back as a dog in a good home.

Eat, sleep, walkies repeat sounds like a great life to me mate! :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Callumity

Callumity Senior Member
    Subscriber

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Just make sure you pick a master who wants you to breed.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Yeah, much better than dry humping your owners leg:confounded:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Got to agree with Monty. I've never come across a bad Staffie, it's down to the owners. I've got a Manchester Terrier and he's a little bugger but a great little dog:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Sevenoaks
    Had to look that breed up. Nice looking dogs. Bit like a mini Doberman with a tail;)

18. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    A lot of people say that when they see him and are quite suprised when you tell them he's 4 years old. Theres a guy near me who has a miniature pincer, the size of a Chihuahua but looks like a Doberman