Ee Roaming Charges

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Fourbears, Jun 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Despite assertions to the contrary last year EE have announced that roaming charges will apply from January next year in the EU. As an EE customer I am less than impressed but if you join or upgrade before 7th July then this new rule will not apply. Trouble is I can’t get on their website to log into MyEE at the moment. Coincidence?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Yes l'm an EE customer in the same position. I think the fuck off tablet is in order, not giving them control over my phone for another year or more :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Yes but the problem is only the big providers allow WiFi calling, which I need as the signal is so bad at home, so I can’t go to the MVNO’s like Plusnet who I was with before. I think EE are going to lose a lot of customers over this. I have 3 sims with them so if I am representative then that’s a lot of custom to go. Mind you I doubt they will give a s**t.

4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

The true cost of connecting and roaming between EU (and former) EU countries is negligible. The infrastructure is there and able to carry the calls circuit switched or IP. Internet connectivity is ubiquitous and near free as a result. The only reason for additional charges is greed. Probably. Maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    That is the only reason. Strange how others are not charging.

6. Trevor Austin

Trevor Austin Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Northumberland
    It’s sheer greed on the part of mobile operators. They charge for roaming for the same reason a dog licks his balls - because they can.

7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Obviously more optimistic than me, you expecting to go "Roaming" any time soon? :rolleyes:

8. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Next year maybe!

9. winrow3745

winrow3745 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Cheshire
    They'll all be doing it soon enough....

I don't want to seem inflammatory, this is a genuine question. But has anyone seen a plus side to Brexit yet?

10. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    #11 Helmut Visor, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    Covid vaccine rollout.
    Unfortunately Brexit kind of coincided with the global pandemic so it's probably quite difficult to really see many positives or negatives right now due to the many restrictions that caused. It will, I'm sure, become more apparent over the next couple of years as things start to return to some level of normality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SPC1

SPC1 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2019
    UK
    If one company has introduced roaming charges you can guarantee the others will follow suit.
    Don't you just love Brexit....the gift that keeps on giving!