Ecu

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Foxy, Dec 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    Eyup chaps, just joined the forum. Thanks for the warm welcome in the Newbies section. Just bought a 2011 Speed Triple, fitted with an SC Projects low boy can. Is there any way I can find out if the ecu has been altered to suit?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    load tune ecu onto a laptop or phone, not apple, get an usb-obd2 cable and read the number of the map. there will be loads about mapping etc on the forum

3. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    I've been reading a thread, with a video, about that. I'm a bit apprehensive, as I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to owt to do with pc's. Don't have a laptop, but have a samsung s7 android, if thats any good?

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    When you buy an OBD connecting cable it will come with it's own 'drivers' (software to be loaded onto the computer) so it depends if you can find a cable that will work with your phone. I'm only guessing it will need to work via Blueteeth.

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yeah I think the phone version has to be done through bluetooth.

6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Nip along to Team Roberts in Conisbrough, they’ll be able to tell and maybe load the right map if it isn’t already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    Good idea, Yorkie. Be a good reason for a ride out. Not far from me. Although Triumph World at Chesterfield is closer.

8. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    If you intend doing your own servicing then you'll need the TuneECU app on your android and a bluetooth dongle like this to switch off the service nag (only works with a bluetooth connection), useful for checking error codes, balancing throttle bodies, bleeding ABS module, etc too. You can check what map you have loaded via bluetooth but can't upload a new one, you'd need a wired connection for that.

9. Joe99

Joe99 Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Oxford-ish
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
  11. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
  12. Joe99

Joe99 Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Oxford-ish
    DealerTool is up & running. Laptop issues so delayed things. Support is excellent from supplier & all looks good to use

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Let us know how you make out with it.