Sprint ECU and interminent fuel gauge fault

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by marekcz, Jan 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. marekcz

marekcz New Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Southampton
    I am about to give up and sell my Triumph. Some time ago it developed this annoying fault where the faul gauge works intermittently for a few seconds and brings on ECU light. I ride my bike just waiting for this to happen. Then after a few rides with the gauge working ok the ECU light goes off and I have a few weeks of riding as if nothing happened. Its just I hate riding the bike waiting for this to happen again which eventually does.. I already had the fuel gauge sensor replaced in the tank which cost me >£100 and now am being told it will be very expensive to fix the problem as the fault is with the electrical loop. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the bike but this ECU light spoils the experience of riding it. Can I deactivate/switch off permanently the ECU light? Is there a quick fix of this problem? No bike mechanic in Southampton wants to touch that. Can you recommend someone who wold be able to help me with this. Thanks in advance

2. Colacharlie

Colacharlie New Member

Feb 19, 2017
    West Sussex england
    I searched for "955 fuel light stays on" on google and from reading a few people say first trace the earth from the fuel sensor switch and make sure the ground (neutral) is good/ clean around the metal surface it attaches too- e.g the frame.