765 Ebay Tail Tidy For 2020 St Rs

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by CBAY_Mike, Sep 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CBAY_Mike

CBAY_Mike Member

Sep 25, 2020
    North Wales
  2. Norman Dickenson

Norman Dickenson New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Look up this on YouTube. It requires a substantial disassembly and wire
    re-routing. Looked to me like a full day's work. But maybe worth the effort.

3. ineale

ineale New Member

Sep 19, 2018
    England
    Mike, have you looked at the Evotech one, I've fitted them to mine and my wife's Street Triples and the quality is just excellent. You also don't need to modify the wiring, it has all the necessary cables and connectors.

https://evotech-performance.com/col...iumph-street-triple-rs-tail-tidy-2020-onwards

Yes, they're more expensive than the ebay one you're looking at but I think they're well worth the money.

4. CBAY_Mike

CBAY_Mike Member

Sep 25, 2020
    North Wales
    I ended up ordering a J-Tech one off Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-...680991?hash=item2639097f5f:g:kTYAAOSw2s5dnY8Z

....will see what it is like apparently it is plug in play as I will reuse the rear indicator stalks.

Also ordered a 8x6" UK plate to go with it.

I did look at the Evotech one, however it was out of stock on their website.

Mike :D

5. CBAY_Mike

CBAY_Mike Member

Sep 25, 2020
    North Wales
    Well the J-Tech (from eBay) tail tidy arrived today as did the 8x6. The kit was very easy to fit and all the electronics were plug in play for the rear LED number plate light.

Here are some before, during and after photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. JB1970

JB1970 New Member

Sep 22, 2020
    moon
    I'm after the Evotech one and have been for a few weeks. When I e mailed them the other day to check when they'd be back in stock they said 10 - 12 weeks. It might have to be a late Xmas present!

7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The official Triumph one looks identical to the Evotech, with the Triumph one you can omit the middle section and lower reflector, replace reflector with a very small stick on one for the number plate (for mot when needed). No modifications to wiring at all, it fits easy and looks great, also cheaper than the Evotech one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JB1970

JB1970 New Member

Sep 22, 2020
    moon
    Do you have any photos of the Triumph one fitted? When you look at the image on the website it looks as big as the standard one, which is the only reason I was looking at the EvoTech model (the only photo is with it off the bike)

9. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi JB1970'here are some photos, not very good I am afraid, it will give you an idea though, real easy to fit, no messing about with wiring, from start to finish it took me 20 mins, it's good quality kit, I've fittend both the Evotech and Triumph ones, the Triumph is cheaper as well. Good luck with whatever you decide, but bear in mind some cheaper alternatives don't have the same quality finish and durability as say the Triumph or Evotech, the R&G for example shreds its paint after a winters riding. Hope this helps.

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

10. JB1970

JB1970 New Member

Sep 22, 2020
    moon
    Thanks for that. Looks nothing like the way I imagined from the image on the Triumph website. I'll order that one rather than wait for the EvoTech one to become available.

11. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi JB, when it arrives if you are not sure about anything please feel free to message me, but honestly it's really easy to fit, 4 bolts and washers, go careful when removing the bolts as it's easy to drop a washer of the bolt, put some tissue in the gaps that way if a washer drops it will catch it, otherwise it will go down the undertray and a pig to retrieve. Let me know how you get on.

12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi JB, when it arrives if you are not sure about anything please feel free to message me, but honestly it's really easy to fit, 4 bolts and washers, go careful when removing the bolts as it's easy to drop a washer off the bolt, put some tissue in the gaps, that way if a washer drops it will catch it, otherwise it will go down the undertray and a pig to retrieve. Let me know how you get on.

13. JB1970

JB1970 New Member

Sep 22, 2020
    moon
    Thanks. I fitted the EvoTech footage blanking plates yesterday and must've dropped the bolts several times into the abyss!