Ebay Bidding

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by H.O., Sep 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Just started to build up my die-cast aircraft collection again after previously selling most of them to help fund our move, and just had the closest of success's.
    I had to have a DHC Chipmunk after having flown in some adding up to respectable hours with the Air Cadets in late 60's early 70's, but at £30 a pop at BIN I thought I'd bid, one has been on for a week donated to an RSPCA branch, I waited until the last 15 seconds and put in a bid of £20.20, and won!:laughing:
    Dead on £20.20.!!:laughing::laughing:
    When I looked at the bidding sheet, some one put EXACTLY the same as me but 11 seconds later!
    Never had this happen before.
    There's a couple more I want, a DHC Dragon Rapide, A Supermarine Walrus (Designed by RJ Mitchell who designed the Spitfire)and an Arado float plane.
    Bet I'm not so lucky again!
    s-l225.jpg

2. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    Hi,when I bid on ebay I pick the highest price I want to go too and bid in the last 10 secounds , that way I don't get tempted to go any higher than I want too. Ade

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Yep, thats what I did/do, just astounded that Mr A.N. Other did exacly the same bid 11 seconds later, 'spose he was putting his bid in just as I was so he did not see or have time to react to mine!