675 Dropped It, Absolutely Gutted

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Robert Summerfield, Mar 28, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robert Summerfield

Robert Summerfield Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2021
    Somewhere on planet earth
    Practicing some slow speed stuff in the local supermarket car park and tried a turn too tight for my pay grade, one broken front and back gear lever later!!! I’m as sick as a pig but there’s no point crying over spilt milk. Laying beside the broken lever ends was this (pictured) I have no idea what it is or where it came from, any ideas?

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Street triple? Did the bike go down on the left side? I think there are a couple of hose ends near the rider foot peg. Likely a breather or overflow from the radiator.

3. Robert Summerfield

Feb 2, 2021
    It went down on the right side, the brake levers took the full brunt

4. Robert Summerfield

Feb 2, 2021
    yes, street triple

5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I dont know about the street triple but my ktm has a breather pipe capped off like this, I think is part of the evaporate/charcoal canister system.

6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    OH CRAP! That is bad news ..... yeah, understatement, I know, but after our recent, brief conversation I thought everything was really on the up for you!

I take it you've broken both brake levers? Is yours an 'R'? I might have a spare (standard) front brake lever if you're interested. I replaced our two bikes with Triumph cranked levers. Not sure about the rear. I'll try to take a look tomorrow and will let you know.

Sorry to hear this, Robert.