Tiger Explorer Driving Lights

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Jack Straw, Mar 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Phoenix AZ
    Aside form the factory available accessory fog lights, what other options have you guys gone with?

Mounting suggestions?

Tying into the stock button on the handlebars, easy/not so easy?

2. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    Have these been fitted to bonnieville 2inch hole fit on to forks they are 55w
    20 pound plus post if they are any good to you
    IMG_20180403_153824.jpg

IMG_20180403_153816.jpg

IMG_20180403_153802.jpg

3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#3 Cyborgbot, May 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2018
    I made my own. The photo doesn't do them justice as they are v bright in real life. They are made with some LED High Power Eagle Eye Car DRL in a small section of L shaped aluminium (painted black) bracket mounted in both sides of the void between radiator and the side plasticky bits. They are then plugged into the main wiring loom under where the top box goes. There is a power connector you can use that powers the tail light. So as not to mess about with the wiring loom too much I got some 3 Way Econoseal AMP Waterproof Wiring Electrical Multi Connectors to splice my electrics into the main loom (so I can take it out if needed). A water proof hobby box was used to hold a 16mm Red Power Symbol 12V LED Push Button Metal ON/OFF Switch and all the other wiring needed to make it work. I managed to find some military style connectors to have a good seal to the hobby box, the lights and the power. The plan was to programme the whole gig via an Arduno so that I could have several settings - including rear Red Eagle Eyes that would be on but brighten when braking, and a link to the horn so the front DLR's did a short wigwag flashing sequence when needing to raise attention or awareness to other drivers. Unfortunately whilst I programmed it all up, I was overcome with a serious case of "can't be arsed" - maybe one day. There is also a LED in the centre 'position' / side light. In all it makes for something that thus far has caught car drivers attention...

Edit: My LEDs are 5W I believe - looking on ebay there now do 10W Eagle Eyes. I feel an upgrade coming on...

Tiger 800XRX with homemade LED DLRs.jpg

p.jpg

p-2.jpg

p-3.jpg

4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Another option is the yamaha after market combined Indicators and DLR - they do front and rear options and are bought separately. They come with a switchable stainless and black metal plate to match your bike. I saw them on a bike and thought they looked really good so stopped and asked about them...

Here is a ebay link. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...663383&hash=item20ffc40ce5:g:hNIAAOSw0TxZZfOB

I haven't looked into how to wire them up or if they need a relay/resistors or something to work with a circuit designed for ordinary bulbs. Wouldn't be hard to figure out though...

The rear units are red and on all the time but brighten when braking. It was a tidy way of upgrading to LED indicators whilst adding the essential "I AM HERE" element.

Rather expensive though. If someone would fund a set for me i'll install them (on my bike) and do a write up and some 'how to' notes :eek:)

s-l500.png