Drift Ghost X Long Life Battery

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chris Wise, Jan 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Just brought a Drift X helmet camera .Very please with it just wonder what the long life battery is like .It is meant to last for 8 hours ,just right for touring .Anyone tried the Ghost X long life battery that could tell me if it is worth buying one ?

2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    It makes quite a difference. Worth the investment. I keep the standard one charged as back up on long runs.

3. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I need help again I have just brought a USB charger to charge up the Ghost X ,it is a normal 3 pin plug with a USB port in the back of the plug .When I charge up my Ghost X on my laptop it is fine and charges up the battery fine but when I try and charge up the Ghost X using this USB plug charger it just switches the camera on and goes into record mode .Am I doing something wrong and maybe this plug USB charger is the wrong way .Do not want to keep taking my laptop with me every time I go touring

4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I've had similar problems. Check settings on the camera, though it might be you need to use the lead supplied by Drift. See if there's anything about it in a Drift forum.

5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not had any problems with my Drift? As Rich say's confirm you are using the Drift cable.
    Wessa

6. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Yes the USB cable that came with the camera .I plug it into the usb Charger the camera comes on and the light goes green then it just automatically goes into record mode..Maybe I just have a USB connecting plug and not a charger .Has I said it is a plug with a USB port in it so maybe it is just a mains connecting plug and not a charger .That is the only thing I can think off .Maybe I need one of those Mobile battery things that charge a mobile phone and then you charge the charging battery up before you leave

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just a thought, have you checked the manual. I'm sure there is something in there about charging etc...

8. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Not much in the manual just tell you to plug it in a leave for 2.5 hours to get a full charge .I will e mail Drift to see what they say

9. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Must say Drift Customer Service must be one of the best Customer Services I have come across. I e mailed Drift Customer Service last night ( Saturday ) and this morning and bear in mind it is Sunday .I had an E mail from Drift explaining what I was doing wrong .It turns out I had the Ghost X camera in Car DVD mode and basically that was the problem .I was told to turn that mode off and all would be fine and BINGO problem solved ( Thank goodness for that I hear you all say ) Sorry for being a complete plonger and thanks for everyone for the help I received and put up with my going on .:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    One small point to consider is that if you decide to get the waterproof cover (Lady Poppy has one on her Ghost X) you can only use the standard battery as the case is not wide enough for the 8 hour jobbie.

11. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Good point Thanks