Drift Ghost X And Drift Ghost Xl Problems

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Chris Wise, Jun 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I am on my second Drift Ghost X .The first Drift Ghost X only lasted 3 months before it pack up but The Sports Bike Shop replace it for a new one free off charge .Now 12 month later that one has gone tits up .This time the USB port has failed and I can not use the external microphone or download from the camera .The only way I can download from the Drift Ghost is to put the sim card directly into my laptop .It was then I realised I had no sound .By all account this is a common fault with the Ghost X and Ghost XL .If you use the USB port a lot ( and you would if you connect the external mic to it the USB) it will fail . When the camera works it is a great piece of kit but I am reluctant to buy another Drift camera for fear of in 12 months time that will fail .Anybody had a Drift Ghost X or Ghost XL long term ( more than a year ) and it is still OK .Need to find out if I was just unlucky before I buy another Drift Camera !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just because the 12 month warranty is up doesn't mean you can't get any recourse or refund from the seller or manufacturer

Speak to citizens advice as there is a scale of what refund or replacement you can get depending on how soon the electrical item failed after the warranty expired

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chris Wise.
    This is not the news i wanted to hear as i just got round to fitting mine.
    Joe.

4. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Lady Poppy's Drift Ghost lasted about 14 months and died, refusing to charge or switch on. Very poor considering the cost of it plus the waterproof case.

Replaced it with a cheap GoPro-type clone which has worked fine for two years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Think you might be right. Think I will use my Drift Ghost X has a door stop and buy a Go Pro they seem to be more reliable
    Think you are right ,not going to waste anymore money on Drift they are just not reliable .Think my Drift Ghost X will be refind to the bin and I will look at the Go Pro

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I e mailed Drift about this problem ,never received a reply :mad:

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Well just received a reply from Drift and basicly they do not want to know and was told to buy a new Drift Ghost XL. 2 Drift camera in 13 months and both have gone tits up in that time and it seems a common fault with Drift products, they do not last. But I have taken Drift's advice. I have brought a new camera. It is called a Go Pro
    Stay well clear off Drift camera, they will not last. Pay a bit more a go for a Go Pro. Buy drift camera and you will regret it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Every one on here should get together and group mail them.
    Joe.

10. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Drift camera's I would stay well clear of them, I had one it went duff, got it replaced that one went as well, I got that fed up I put a 308 into it when zeroing at 300 yards. I went for the Gopro Hero 7 Black and never regretted it as it has been faultless from day 1, even water proof as well with no need for any additional case.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I have a Drift Stealth 2 - had it for 5+ years, used in all weather and it still runs very well. Battery isn't as long lasting, but it is the original

Maybe they have changed where they are produced and now using inferior materials...shame really.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Likewise, my Drift Ghost S is over 5 years old and still working fine, only negative is the rubberised finish has decomposed with age, so just rubbed it off down to the plastic beneath.
    (although to be fair I got bored with video and doesn't get used a lot these days)