Drift Camera Have You Had Problems ???

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Chris Wise, Jul 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Just interested to find out if I am unlucky or is this common with Drift Ghost Cameras
    I have had 2 Drift Camera in 13 months ,both have pack up That is £250 down the drain
    The first camera just gave up and would not turn on .Replaced it with another Drift Ghost and after 13 months the USD connection failed .Drift's response was buy another camera ,we not interested in the quality of our product just buy another Drift camera .
    Be interested to find out if any of you out there have similar problems with Drift ,it seems to me this is a common problem with Drift Cameras .They are just not reliable
    I have brought another Camera to replace the Drift Camera it is called Go Pro and so far it is fault less and very reliable I do not have to keep rebooting it like I did with the Drift and it is still working fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #2 Wessa, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    I’ve had my drift for years without any problems. Even updated the firmware when the car dvr mode function was released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Sorry if I bore you ,Just trying to find out if other people are having problems with Drift Cameras ,Drift do not give a dam about problems with their cameras and should not be allowed to get away with it .People are paying good money for these Drift Cameras ,Now if a lot of people come back and say they have had a Drift camera for ages and had no problems with it that would be great and I will take it that I have just been unlucky with my two cameras I brought .I take it you do not have a problem with people paying over £100 for a camera that might have long term problems with it and wasting there money. I was so annoyed with response from Drift I am trying to find out if there is a major problem with Drift Quality control .Again sorry if I have bored you

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    2 year warranty is your right in the uk.
    The return HAS to be done by the retailer and not the manufacturer (drift) which might be why you are not getting anywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/mar/25/consumernews.howtocomplain

EU law also stipulates that you must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Er..? EU law? I thought a bunch of people in this country voted to leave the EU. Or have I just woken up and it was all a bad dream? Or maybe Rothwell went independent and stayed in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Local rules for local people….:);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    It's not that you're boring me or that I don't think it's wrong to pay a lot of money and not get a product worthy of that cost. My comment comes from the point that you posted a very similar post not 2 weeks ago and got a number of responses on both sides of the fence to that post. I'm just questioning why you don't think that post is sufficient for your argument and need to post what is essentially exactly the same post again looking for what I can only assume are different answers to the ones you already have :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Not about this topic but Sena systems. I just found my sena was not on the upload files on the computer. I contacted them they went well above and beyond the call to assist me. Sending me link and tips they were great and well worth a mention.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3