Dresser Bar's For My Tbird Lt 1700 Any Ideas Not Crash Bars

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Tucker 1963, Nov 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Just been looking at the Lt crash bar's for my bike and I think they are not big enough.
    Should I get the stock bars or get some made up would love some feedback.
    Tucker

2. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Thanks sounds good to me will give it a go

3. KevinK

KevinK Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Timberlake, NC USA
    By the way, if you want a laugh, I just got my wife to stop calling them "crash bars", I want to avoid it becoming "prophetic". I prefer the Triumph name "Dresser bars", and I have fronts and rear on my T-Bird 1600. At the least they keep your foot from becoming damaged or stuck if you drop the bike on it's side, not sure how much they would actually do in a crash. The stock bars put the highway pegs in a nice (width) location for those long rides, a little wider might be uncomfortable.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stevie

Stevie Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Cincinnati OH
    Hey Tucker! I do believe the Triumph dresser bars are mostly for the looks of the bike, not that fuctional. But you will have a place to mount the highway pegs...

5. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Thanks Steve I'm still thinking if I should get them or not.
    Tucker

6. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Any north American members or anyone else tell me where I can get them dresser bars? I have been trying to get them for a fair bit of time now.

7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Thank you very much. Yes I tried them but not available.

9. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    I have been quoted about 295 USD for a Triumph part and including delivery. I am in Canada and this is coming from the USA.
    Is this a good price and for members who have the bar is it worth having one? Any advice would be most appreciated.
    thank you

10. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    I have been quoted about 295 USD for a Triumph part and including delivery. I am in Canada and this is coming from the USA.
    Is this a good price and for members who have the bar is it worth having one? Any advice would be most appreciated.
    thank you

11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I was looking at them when I first bought the Nightstorm and asked a similar question ;);)
    Two schools of thought, both obvious and both valid for the individual. First is that they ruin the lines and are plain ugly, the second is they a worthwhile mod that may (?) save some of your bike in the event of a spill :cool::cool:
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/dresser-bars.17134/
    I was most definitely in the first camp so didn't bother but the real answer is "It is your personal choice and preference so do what you think is right for you and your bike" :p:p
    With regards to the price I don't know what they go for your side of the pond but over here they run to approx £225 for engine dresser bars and £175 for rear dresser bars :eek::eek:

12. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    Thank you everyone. I have decided not to go ahead with it too.

• Like Like x 1