Dragon Motorcycles County Durham

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Gab285, Jun 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK
    Just a word of warning lads. If anyone is considering using these guys DO NOT under any circumstances.

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Ha,way man....you have to say why????:confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    As Dilligaf says if your going to advise members away from a specific dealer or repair shop its common practise to say exactly WHY and for WHAT REASON.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Why ? Surely you understand that the members on here will want to know why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK
    I'm going to delete this post and start again and ask if
    Have you

6. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK
    #6 Gab285, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    OK guys here's my tale of woe.
    I took my Ducati in for a service, they serviced it and did some other work. The bike was working brilliantly before it went in. However, I collected the bike rode 100 yards round the corner and everything died, no electrics anywhere. I got it going rode it home. Put it on my tickle charger thinking the battery may have been a bit flat. Took it out a couple of days later and it died again, absolutely no electrical power what's so ever. I was recovered via my insurance company, they checked the battery and fuses, all was in order.

I contacted Dragon they came and picked the bike up which was great. However, they could not identify the fault so returned the bike to me and charged me nearly £150. The offered to take the bike to a car auto electrician to check it out but I declined.

While this is not great, what I haven't mentioned is how much they charged me for my service and other jobs. I had the following done:

New exhaust fitted
    Change of hand guards and indicators
    Tail tidy and indicators fitted
    Crash bars fitted.
    The price for this including the service was an eye watering £950. So to summarise I've spent £1,100 with these guys and my bike doesn't work.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Give as much details of the problem/s as you can and lets see if some of the clever people( myself not included) on here can get you going.

8. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK
    Thanks for the offer, I've been in touch with the dealer and I'm waiting for an appointment. I don't want to fiddle around with it until they've had a look and given me a diagnosis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #9 MickEng, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Oh dear Gab.
    I don't want to sound like a clever twat, and hindsight being a marvellous thing and all that but:
    The first thing you should have done after breaking down 100 yards away after the service was take it straight back to them. Why didn't you ?
    The second mistake by the sound of it was not getting a quote and then being hit with the £950 shock.
    Me and others have said so many times on the forum about learning to work on our own bikes.
    All the above work could have been carried out by a reasonably competent DIY biker.
    You don't say which service, so that would be a factor but not impossible.
    Learn to do your own maintenance mate, makes you understand the workings of your bike and if you do ever break down, you stand a much better chance of fixing it or certainly not getting ripped off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I can understand you being pissed off because it has 'happened to you' but that is a poor basis for objective judgement.
    I would be interested to know the parts/labour breakdown (Ducatis are a privilege to own, apparently) and what the actual fault is. The price you paid for the work needs stripping out of the total bill and then that the work is the cause of the problem.
    If they have cannily earthed everything out intermittently while fitting new indicators you have a legitimate beef but if it is Italian electrics taking a coincidental siesta then they are maybe being unfairly caned.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK

12. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK

13. Gab285

Gab285 New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK
    Thanks for that. I know I've fucked up and thanks for pointing it out. I feel much better now.

I could have done the work but prefer to have it done professionally and to save me time.

14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I doubt anyone thinks you effed up. You just need to have a good aim when you throw rocks! You wouldn't want a rebound.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Bloody hell mate I would be looking to the small claims court or something
    That's not good at all :(
    Are you gonna give them a chance to sort it out or do you not trust them at all
    Either way it's not a nice situation to be in :worried:

• Like Like x 1
  16. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    This post started with you telling forum members to boycott Dragon Motorcycles without any reason why.
    Your reply was very honest, and in turn I replied with a few pointers which may help you or any other forum member in the future.
    We've all been there mate and been ripped off, this forum shares information to allow people to make a more informed judgement.

• Agree Agree x 3