Featured Drag Racing This Weekend

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Uncorrugated, Jun 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    This weekend is the Summer Nationals at Santa Pod Raceway.

I'll be there this weekend racing in the ACU ET Bike class. I'm currently placed 5th overall in the championship, but good qualifying (I qualified 2nd last meeting) and at least a semi-final should see me into third. A win would be nice and is achievable if the rider (me) gets it right. I was runner up at this meeting last year and want to go one better this year.

If any of you are there, come and say hello.

I am easy to spot as I race a most unlikely drag bike - my Triumph Tiger Explorer. :)

Alternatively you can watch the live webcam and keep up with live updates on eurodragster.com.

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Good luck !

I'll probably be watching on Eurodragster (got a couple of mates racing in Comp Bike and SuperStreet), so I'll keep an eye out for you.

3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Drag Racing...not at Santa Pod!

drag.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with the racing.

5. Uncorrugated

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    If you are doing RWYB on bike based trike arm restraints aren't necessary. Will double check when I get back as limited signal here at the Pod.

6. Uncorrugated

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Bright orange. Can't miss me! Due out around 12 for q1

7. Uncorrugated

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    I couldn't get the picture up at the Pod at the weekend (sod all signal) but arm restraints would depend on whether you get classed as bike/trike/quad group. That is difficult to see from the picture.
    • Riders of motorcycles, quad bikes, go karts and anything else deemed similar by the track manager are required to wear suitable protective clothing. ALL limbs need to be suitably covered. Leathers are highly recommended but jeans and a protective jacket is acceptable on slower bikes (a bike you would ride to the track for example). Gloves are mandatory.
    • No pillion passengers (including trikes and quads) are allowed with the exception of purpose built, race bikes with sidecars.
    They are available though from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arm-Restr...Compliant-Formula-STR-drag-race-/181169653932

Good luck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Uncorrugated

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    OK. I think that may be put in with the car class too, looking at the front.
    It might be worth putting a post on here if you have farcebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SantaPodRWYB/ as there are a few running soft tops including an R1 powered kit car

9. Uncorrugated

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Badly - by my standards. Only qualified 7th and red lit in the second round, throwing away a win against the guy second in the championship. Fortunately for me, the meeting was called after that round, so I have moved up to 4th in the championship and not dropped too many points behind third.
    Unfortunately the meeting was called after a big crash which would have taken too long to clear so late in the day. Driver in hospital but not life threatening.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Uncorrugated

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Indeed.
    Demon Tweeks sell arm restraints in different styles and they also have them at the PodShop too. It has also been suggested that you could make a set - all they need to do is attach to your harness and restrict arm movement. And you will need them according those who know, as you have a steering wheel and not handlebars like the Canam style trikes.

• Useful Useful x 1